Head gasket question

yowen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ah man! That sucks, just read the whole thread. I am 25 now and I am still not looking forward to telling my dad tonight that I am picking up a 1993 F350 on Saturday...

I definitely know what it's like to have a dad make up his mind and that's IT! Tough to argue when it's his garage that'll be used for the repairs... No matter how sound your reasoning is. It definitely makes sense to us that your truck should be a rock-solid built ford-tough vehicle with a HG rebuild... Good luck to you! I really hope you get to do the repair and keep the truck.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thata kid! All it takes is some persuasion. Good luck with the idi. FYI, if on a budget, you can reuse stock headbolts since they are now stretched. Torque specs are different when doing this.

wmoguy

Reaction score
Well get crackin son! So we can live vicariously thru you and spend your money. :rotflmao

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
i was going to get my HG's from rock auto but after reading Mel's article i am going to get them local. that way i don't have to worry about shipping bending them up.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
your was a 6.9L though. studs for a 6.9 are like $300. i will have to do some searching. studs for the 7.3L are like $550 from summit, although i can get them for considerably less than the summit price.