head and valve cover gaskets

jrisingmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who do you recommend for gaskets? head gaskets are metal, right? And valve cover gaskets are what? rubber?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, valve cover gaskets are rubber. IIRC head gaskets are metal with some sort of material surrounding it (my memory's no good).

I got all Fel-Pro gaskets when I did my head gasket job; things seem fine so far...I think I've put about 10K miles on my truck since the job, over the course of about 2 years...

Your van's a 15 seater, right? Any chance of letting it go? :Sly :D

jrisingmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be honest, it could PROBABLY seat 15 people but there is only one middle seat. Most 15 seaters have three rows of bench seats or whatever those are called. Mine only has one. So it can probably seat 5 people comfortably. Anymore than that and I run the risk of human projectiles with a good brake check.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
f-two-fiddy said:
The Felpro Valve cover gaskets that came in my head gasket kit were fiber

That's strange. The valve cover gaskets that came in my Fel Pro head gasket kit were rubber.

Tom

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
jrisingmoon said:
Who do you recommend for gaskets? head gaskets are metal, right? And valve cover gaskets are what? rubber?

I used Fel Pro as well. Head gasket kit is $125 and valley pan is $55. Need both. Be carefull setting the heads on. I snagged a head gasket with the head and didn't know it. Pretty much *****'d it by puttin a crease in it and popping one of the cylinder rings out. That was a $45 mistake. Problem is can't get them locally. Northern Auto Parts carries them and has fast shipping. I got my original sets from autopartswarehouse.com I believe.

Tom

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online