Have to sell the Bricknose IDI Dually - sad.

jtt220

Reaction score
SOLD Have to sell the Bricknose IDI Dually - sad.

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Hey there guys,

I have to sell my truck. I'm headed overseas and I need the money, otherwise this ol girl would stay in the stable. I can drop to someone at the 2013 rally this year, or you can pick it up in Kalamazoo, MI. I'll bring it there before the end of the month (from the DC area).

I wrote up a little ad, though I haven't posted it anywhere yet (except here):

4WD with manual transfer case, manual transmission (4-spd - T18 I think), and Warn manual locking hubs
6.9L IDI Diesel engine with ATS 088 turbo kit. 71230 original miles! Pulls strong and isn't showing any signs of issues.
It's a “John Rollins Special” (basically just a trim package including running boards and maroon paint and a John Rollins autographed rear fender with special badging).
Dual rear wheel conversion – done with complete 1-ton dually rear axle swap and fiberglass fenders

New in the last 3500 miles (have receipts):
Front rotors, caliper, pads
Rear wheel cylinders
Rear shoes
Front tires
Coolant (Ford, with additive), engine oil (Synthetic 20w-15)

It's really a very nice truck. Mechanically, you can't find a better combination – particularly if you're looking for something to carry your slide-in camper in the backcountry. This thing is a monster off-road. It's more capable than my old CJ-7! Toss in the Alaska or Northstar camper and let nothing stop you!

The body is rust free. However, it isn't perfect. The driver's front corner was bumped and damaged many years ago. The damage is superficial – requiring a replacement fender, new side grill, and possibly the bumper (though it could likely be pulled out). This is the worst aspect of the truck, and it ain't that bad!

I recently replaced all the weather stripping and started buffing out the dulled paint. I got half the truck done. She shines from the driver's side (lol)!

This is a really nice truck, but I'm not sure what it's worth. Anyone want to give me an estimated value? I'd like it to go to a member here and for a fair price, but I don't want to give it away either (after all, I DO need the money!).

Shoot me a PM and send along your phone number. I'll call you back if you're serious about the truck and we'll talk details like inspection and price. If anyone wants to post up comments on value, please go right ahead. My estimate is that it's worth around 5K, but I could be high or low on that...

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

jtt220

Reaction score
Alright, i can't seem to post pictures. I'll try again later...

jtt220

Reaction score
Yeah, I've been going back and forth and it just doesn't make sense for me to store it. I'll be gone for several years, so it's best to just sell it... I'll need the money.

Here is a link to whatever pictures I had on my computer. They certainly aren't "for sale" pics - as you can see she's a bit muddy in a few! But hopefully it gives you guys a good idea of the general apperance.

http://postimg.org/gallery/35riy02i/

jtt220

Reaction score
and yes... those are F350 badges. However, when I run the VIN it shows it as an F250. Not sure how those got on there, but I have to assume it was the PO. This was a two owner truck when I got it - both in the same family (brothers).

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
bet it was an F250 conversion.... the rear fenders are not correct for the truck.... take LB RC F250 4x4.... slap on dually hubs on front..... dually rear axle...and bricknose dually bed

jtt220

Reaction score
Sorry guys, no trades... It's not that I want something new, its that I need the money.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nice rig... I thought this rig came up on here once before but I recall the name on the fender was John Riggins.. The football player.. Is this the same rig... BTW what are you going to be doing overseas and where will you be working for countries...

jtt220

Reaction score
Oh crap, you're right! Hahaha... I have the name wrong - it is John Riggins! You can never read those darn autographs...

It's never been for sale on here before, but I have certainly posted a few questions.

I'm headed to asia... have some work to do')

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
value you see is about what someone here would pay, if its wanted, but usually in my area (centeral pa) that would go for 2500 max if you want it sold, as for the vin saying 250 you may as well price a 250 through nada or kbb and cut it in half to sell on cl. best of luck on the sale and hope you have fun in asia i hear its um different lol

also is it a d60 front? or a ttb with adaptors?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online