Have any of you had this problem?

River Rat

Chief Putz
Reaction score
I have been using Camping World for several years. However, this year I have had some significant problems with two orders. On the first I have no idea what happened, but I ordered the Rand McNally StreetFinder and TripMaker bundle on line. For whatever reason (no I didn't hit a button twice) I got two copies in separate boxes. I also got billed for both. I have contacted Camping World 5 times by phone and three times by e-mail without result. Phone call #1 they said they would send me a return authorization. Phone call #2 they said it takes two weeks to get an RA - and that it had been mailed on the 15th of June. Phone call #3 they say that they only sent one copy and insinuate that I copied it and am now trying to return it - nope - second copy is still in sealed shipping box - never opened. I ask why they charged me twice if they only sent me one - they said they had no record of charging me twice. Well - I got the credit card bill right in my hot little hand. Phone call #4 - they said they would have UPS contact me and pick up the packages (another order also got double shipped and TRIPLE billed - more on that in a second). By phone call #5 they said they would send "another" RA. At that point I turned the whole thing over to my credit card company.

On the second order, I ordered some jack stands - like an idiot I ordered them on line. Something happened during the final part of the transaction - so I called Camping World sales and asked them if the order went through. They said no it had not. So I order them over the phone. Next thing you know I have one set of jack stands arrive on one day and the next day a second set comes in - and THAT credit card has THREE charges on it from Camping World - and now that has been turned over to THAT credit card company.

My questions are these.....
Have any of you received double orders from them?
Have any of you been double billed for the same item?
Have any of you ordered something and then had one or two mysterious charges show up on your credit card from Camping World?
Have any of you had problems recently with their customer service?

I am about to write to the CEO. I have had absolutely NO luck with CW's customer service and this whole thing has been a waste of my time and a total inconvenience. I am NOT about to send the two packages back on my own nickel since I did nothing wrong. If I had, I would have no problem paying to ship them back.

Brickman

Reaction score
Probably working thru the credit card company is the best bet at this point. Camping World has proven they are incompatent idiot jackasses.

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your approach sounds reasonable to me. I only buy from Camping World when I can go into the store in person....have never ordered online. I often find that I can do better on price and service when I google an individual item. This puts me in contact with companies that specialize in that particular item, often at lower cost than the "retailer generalist".