Has anyone tried this intake hat?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why? It says Chevy!

Just kidding. I think the TBI used the standard size for carb air cleaners. Looks like it might be a nice little kit for our IDI's

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should fit. I thought about giving it a try since Russ doesn't have any of his ready to sell. Unfortunately I just found out I won't be needing one ..lol.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to give it a try. Should be here Friday or Saturday. I'm sure the quality sucks and the air filter is likely junk, but I'm mainly interested in the hat. It should free up a lot of room and eliminate the rain water issue.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok , so everything came today. I ordered a 2" spacer for like $4 because I knew the hat would not clear the hard lines. It's plastic and will be replaced with an aluminum one, but I wanted to see how it fit before spending the money. Everything fits surprisingly well. The bolt hole had to be drilled out for our larger bolt. The bracket that came with fit perfectly with a slight twist from the vice. My a.c. lines are in the way, so I will have to cut the intake tube down a little and run a flexible connection to the filter. Quality is pretty bad but it's what I expected.
You must be registered for see images attach

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool! Not a bad price. How cheaply made is the hat? I assume it is aluminum too?

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assumed it was aluminum but honestly didn't even think about it. I'll look at it tomorrow.

It has a 3/4" nipple on the back side that you can't see that could be used for a crank case vent.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online