HAS ANYONE OUT THERE EVER PUT A P/S TURBO ON A CUMMINS ...

chvycmnslvr68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a '93 12V Cummins in my '91 CC dually chevy 4X4 and I have a turbo laying around that came off a '00 ford P/S I latched onto the turbo with the intentions of using it for a second turbo behind the stock cummins turbo and trying to get the piping made w/o spending a small fortune has turned out to be quite an ordeal since my move back to Co. ... Where I was living in OK I could get almost anything I needed through my work but here its not quite that simple .. so I was thinking of just adapting the Ford turbo directly to the Cummins exhaust manifold and using it solo .... I realy want to use the P/S turbo cuz it has the exhaust brake built into it and I sometinmes pull some very heavy loads .. like my 27000 # 31' mohagony boat ... My truck handles the boat ok lbut trying to stop that much weight is not a pretty picture ... I was just wondering if anyone else had ever done this conversion to their cummins and how it effected the performance ... Or if anyone had any thoughts on how it might effect it ...

dta360

Reaction score
good idea and i would say that there would be an overal drop in egt's and improved boost and performance i say if you can rig up the pipes do it