Hadley Air Horns (and misc. parts)

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a bunch of Hadley Ambassador single trumpet air horns, as well as three dual Hadley Bully horns. Also some of the Hadley compressors (the older, belt-drive style).

I have the 29" ones and 26" ones. Some of it is brand new, some of it is almost-new, and some of it has some wear. I also have various Hadley parts.

PM if interested.

You must be registered for see images attach

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
plastic housings?

No, all of the horns are all-steel. That long black Ambassador had its chrome sanded off and painted black and red for whatever reason. I figured on keeping that one for myself since I'll probably mount mine under the truck, and it doesn't matter if it's still the nice chrome.

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any air valves?

Yep, I have two or three solenoids, and I think two lanyard valves that mount directly into the bottom of the horns. All of that is used though, and looks worn. I've been using one of the solenoids to test some of the horns and it seems to work properly. I have not tested the lanyard valves but I can if you're interested.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I think I would be looking for a electric Solenoid.
I plan to mount mine underneath somewhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
new electric solenoids are cheap and reliable. nothing worse than a old leaky one.
this is the number one source for leaks in the air system.

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
new electric solenoids are cheap and reliable. nothing worse than a old leaky one.
this is the number one source for leaks in the air system.

I have to agree, seeing as I went to test the one I wasn't using to test the horns, and it leaked. I think these are only like $20 new.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Are any of the dual sets still available? Would like a picture of them if they are.

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are any of the dual sets still available? Would like a picture of them if they are.

Yup, all of them. I didn't realize it, but it appears that the two older sets are in themselves a pair, as they are in opposite configurations. Also, they're longer than the standard H00910CA Bully (the new one). I think they may be the marine version. But that's just speculation. The Bully unit is basically brand-new, except for mild wear I assume from improper storage/rough handling. Still has unused compression fittings, etc. on it.

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Compressors? Do you pictures/specs/prices?

I have three compressors left. One is a H00850, but it has a head issue (trying to refurbish it currently). The other two are H00852 (older, belt-drive style, rather than direct drive). One of them works, but it's pretty rusty/corroded (probably from a coastal truck), and the other I replaced the head on, and haven't yet tested.

They're all designed to charge small-ish air tanks, and pretty much only for horns. I suppose you could inflate a tire with one (slowly probably).

I won't know prices until I see how well the ones I'm fixing work.

I'll put some pics up later this evening.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Darn. Didn't realize they'd be so small. I have a York 210, but still trying to get creative with mounting it where the ac compressor was.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.