Green and yellow wire connector issue

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has been having the annoying habit of shutting itself off completely, no electrical power, at inconvient times. Even a sharp bump or switching lights on will shut the truck off.cookoo cookoo

I've traced it down to a connector on the passenger side fender well that has one green and one yellow wire going to and from the connector.

If I wiggle this connector a bit, the truck's electrical and starting ability is restored.

I'm thinking of removing this original connector and replacing it with a 2-pin trailer connector but I want to know and make sure where these green and yellow wires go. Anyone got an online electrical diagram that would tell me whats going on?

Thanks again for the help guys.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EZ, can you post a picture of this connector?

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Somebody here please show Him how to put He's animated avatar so He can stop using mine :backoff . LOL

Exekiel69

Reaction score
:rotflmao Mel got Me there for a second trying to figure out how the heck He knows if I have a pic of that wire. I know He's a professional on computers but don't know He could get on mine so easy :eek:

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EZ, can you post a picture of this connector?

Would help big time

Only thing coming to mind on me right now is

• SOLID GREEN (no stripe) is the fusible link - 14 gauge
  • SOLID YELLOW (no stripe) is the main wire going to the ignition switch
Somebody here please show Him how to put He's animated avatar so He can stop using mine :backoff . LOL
|stupid First time I read the post I thought is was you because the avatar caught my eye and I didn't bother to read the user name:joker:

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it's a solid green wire and a solid yellow wire. I'm going to butt splice the wires together and eliminate the stock connector they have in there.

As for the avatar, I would like to use my dancing bear I have on the 'other' site but it won't let me.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it's a solid green wire and a solid yellow wire. I'm going to butt splice the wires together and eliminate the stock connector they have in there.

If the green wire is going to the starter solenoid on the right fender it is the fusable link....should kinda feel a little softer than the rest of the wires. definatly don't eliminate it as it's the safety that trys to keep the rest of the wiring from burning the truck down in an electrical overload / short

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here you go, It's not animated and is the right file size

Throw this in as the avatar and put the animated GIF in your signature

You must be registered for see images attach

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't intend on eliminating the green wire completely, just getting rid of the stock connector that's having the intermittent contact.

Also, on the avatar issue, this site won't let me use animated images. That's why I can't use the dancing bear for my avatar.

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here you go, It's not animated and is the right file size

Throw this in as the avatar and put the animated GIF in your signature

You must be registered for see images attach

And how does one go about putting the animated gif in one's signature?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should be able to use an animated gif if it meets the file size restriction requirements.

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So where and how do you enter the image into the signature?

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So where and how do you enter the image into the signature?

The remote image file size you have on photobucket is too large or it would work. Might be able to edit the animated gif to get the size down some.

I'll see if I can find an editing program and play with the copy I downloaded on my puter to get it to work

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online