Gotta Love Moog's Lifetime Warranty!

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I installed new Tie Rod ends, new Tie Rod and a new Drag Link.
Total parts cost $242.00
Return wore out Moog parts = FREE (I keep my receipts)
As meticulous and as precise as I could possibly be with measurements, after a test drive my steering steering wheel is now at 1:00 o'clock
Test drive; tracked 100% straight with ZERO pull or drifting.
I set-up string lines from the back tires to the front (both sides) and it appears both tires/wheels are Toe-In a few degrees.
I was hoping to avoid another wheel alignment (did it 4 years ago with new tires and Ball Joints)
I'm not going to chance burning up Tires that are 4 years old with 12,000 miles on them so, tomorrow is a another wheel alignment.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's great if you want to swap it all out again before another 20k......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Well, I replaced the Drag Link and the one Tie Rod-Arm in 2001!
The Outer Tie Rods Ends I replaced 2010, OE ball joints in 2014.
My area is ALL stop and go, and ALWAYS turning left or right (it sucks) so I can't really complain about the life I get out of the Moog Steering parts (they're taking a beating) not like I live in Nebraska where I would drive straight for 25 miles before stopping or making a turn.
Google Earth my zip code 19036 and you'll see the maze I live in.

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had nothign but problems with moog "problem solver" drag links. warranty is great if they are selling a good part, you may never need the warranty. put a drag link into my dad's 1990 F350 , a moog problem solver................. did it 3 more times within 1000miles and finally asked for a refund instead. put a drag link made by spicer, from a supplier we never use so it cost me a little more. its been in there for 7 or so years now, 2 yrs by dad and 5 yrs by my buddy who bought the truck off my dad.

Moog just kept pushing a faulty and/or poorly made part. life time warranty in exchange for quality control. must have been a bad batch?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won't buy Moog parts anymore unless I can't wait for something else. They're better than the CHEAP parts still.

I put a few different sets of Moog upper ball joints on my old Chevy. After getting pretty good at changing them I started putting the NAPA premium ones in. They've been good so far.

I'm under the impression MOOG was once good parts, everyone recommends them. But I think they passed a point where they were like "you know, we'll save X each quarter if we lower our quality, we still have a loyal customer base and a lifetime warranty so..."

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, I put cheapie ball joints in my Excursion and had to change them before the oil..... I was in a pickle and needed what I could get that second... less than 5000 miles and they were worse than the 100000+ mile ones they replaced.

Now everything is XRF under there.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, I put cheapie ball joints in my Excursion and had to change them before the oil..... I was in a pickle and needed what I could get that second... less than 5000 miles and they were worse than the 100000+ mile ones they replaced.

Now everything is XRF under there.

I'm not too happy to say I've got you beat. I bought a cheapie to replace my moog pitman arm (ordered from Rockauto, had to wait for warranty exchange)

The cheap one OUT OF THE BOX was WORSE THAN THE 2YR OLD MOOG!

I think "driveworks" buys warranty claim parts and paints them lol

Reaction score
Moog is one company that won't get any more of my money. Rock Auto is another. Both hosed me bad on the same large transaction for my Suburban and it took months to resolve, netting me hundreds in money lost. Never again!

Mike

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm not going to sweat the Moog's as I've been impressed with their warranty and reliability...of course I could get a 'dud' part, it happens.
They have served me well and as I mentioned prior, driving a 30 year old F250 in my area AND as a daily driver is torture on brakes and steering components.

Keeping this old girl roadworthy is slipping through my fingers...with age/mine and the trucks and health/pain I just can't do what I once was able to.
Still considering a year old F150 or a smaller SUV...climbing in and out of high Trucks is painful (for me)

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I out all Moog Problem Solver parts on my 87 F250 2 years ago. (Ball joints, tie rods, center & drag llnks). Everything it had was floppy when I took it apart.

Steering is still sloppy due to the gearbox though I think. It's a junk yard one from a 90s Ranger (yep same gear box) because the worn one the truck had when I got it was leaking. Still sloppy but not leaking at least.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online