Got yet another one

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I just got home with an 81 audi 5000 diesel. It needs a little love in the interior and a rattle can paint job. Hoping to turbo it, and trying to figure how to get quattro under it. Idi truck or german, good to go!

Punk

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a turbo for one of those somewhere in here.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
Im working on a 95 bronco with 1 ton running gear, zf w/ singlemass and a 96 p stroke. Im too far into diesel to remember y things have spark plugs. Lol.

Punk

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Justin, check craigslist free stuff, there is free diesel in a tank. I have a pump if you need.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any pics of the car? I've always been interested in getting a mercedes 300D but never heard of this. Sounds like it would be a really nice car.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there's a reason why vw/audi diesels were not very popular. mostly due to the lack of knowledge of the timing belt and the lack of reference marks on the cam gear. Be sure to check out AST tools for the cam holder if you decide to keep this thing and do the timing belt ASAP or you have a very expensive pile of german junk.
If you really want to play with a diesel powered V-2 rocket, go find yourself a BMW 524td and prepare to be impressed.;Sweet

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the "new" toy LOL

By the way, I noticed that the 116 SD isn't in your signature....just curious, what happened to it?

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there's a reason why vw/audi diesels were not very popular. mostly due to the lack of knowledge of the timing belt and the lack of reference marks on the cam gear. Be sure to check out AST tools for the cam holder if you decide to keep this thing and do the timing belt ASAP or you have a very expensive pile of german junk.
If you really want to play with a diesel powered V-2 rocket, go find yourself a BMW 524td and prepare to be impressed.;Sweet

V2 rocket - I like that LOL.

Wasn't that the engine that some mercury cougar/T-birds used in the mid 80s? Saw one on kijiji a while ago.

Think I'll pass on a diesel with a rubber band on it though. Chain or gears only and hope to god for an iron head. All the more reason I want to find out more about the 300D/300TD.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online