Got smoke? I sure do

f350flatbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found out today that I got smoke too! I got on I-65 N and sped up in 4th to 65MPH and noticed in my side mirror that I had laid down a trail of black smoke several hundred yards long! Swweeeet!

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I got it now too after the new IP. Only under WOT or on a big hill with a load. I first noticed it when I had to merge into traffic and no one wanted to let me in. Imagine that:rolleyes: So I used my finely honed inner city driving skills (you should see me pull a trailer through Manhattan. My copilot wouldn't open his eyes;Sweet ) and forced my way in. It was at this point that I realized I had fogged out the guy in the convertible BMW really badly.:angel: Imagine how I felt:rotflmao

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Justin don't you realize those bikers are more virtuous than you...here they are trying to save mother earth and you're out there smoking them out:D at least that's the attitude we seem to get from them around here:rolleyes: but I do try to watch out for them...someone has to..

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
My neighbor's are all environmentalists. My daily driver, that 89 firebird in my sig, currently has a SERIOUS white smoke issue, and it always brings out the treehuggers when i start it up. I LOVE it.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Justin don't you realize those bikers are more virtuous than you...here they are trying to save mother earth and you're out there smoking them out:D at least that's the attitude we seem to get from them around here:rolleyes: but I do try to watch out for them...someone has to..

I'm not against the bikers, its just some of them think that its all good to take up the whole fricking lane :mad: , so if they decide to take up the whole lane and not let me over, they will get to bike through a couple hundred feet of smoke LOL . If they would just scoot over and let me pass them without going to far over in the other lane, I would be fine with it.

The funniest thing I have seen at my school this year was a fricking tree-hugging lib, who drove a 80's Suburban gasser :rotflmao :rotflmao . And they have all of there tree-hugging bumper stickers on the back :rotflmao . And then they will come up to me and tell me how bad my truck is for the environment LOL , I tell them to **** off and my truck gets twice as good of fuel economy as there POS. Its pretty funny...

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean they weren't in one of those gas burner hippie buses from the '60s...I'm disappointed. I got nothing against bikers either. It was my favorite mode of transportation and great exercise for sure in my teen years. I always try to be courteous, but your experience is like mine, they act as though they have 100X the right to be on the road as you do and give you a dirty look as you pass by even though you try to be cautious and nice. It sucks...they suck!

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Heh, they probably don't pay their taxes either, so they have NO right to be on the road :p

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
-Drool man i hope my 6.9 pours it out the stacks when i get it together, i was looking at the motor at the machine shop the other day....man it's a BEAUTIFUL thing! :hail only $600 left on the $3000 bill.... :puke: :D ;Sweet don't worry i'll post pictures when it's done.

-Jon

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not against the bikers, its just some of them think that its all good to take up the whole fricking lane :mad: , so if they decide to take up the whole lane and not let me over, they will get to bike through a couple hundred feet of smoke LOL . If they would just scoot over and let me pass them without going to far over in the other lane, I would be fine with it.

Gentlemen: PLEASE remember that cyclists have the same rights on the road as vehicles do in most states, and should be treated simply as another vehicle. You should pass them by entering the other lane entirely and only when it is safe to do so.

That said, my truck will roll the coal like theres no tomorrow if I bog the engine a little. Nothing cures the tailgating problem like upshifting to 5th on a city street and flooring it...

Thanks!

The IDI driving cyclist...

Ryan

FordGuy100

Reaction score
That said, my truck will roll the coal like theres no tomorrow if I bog the engine a little. Nothing cures the tailgating problem like upshifting to 5th on a city street and flooring it...

Thanks!

The IDI driving cyclist...

Ryan

Dang, I forgot all about this....I'm gonna have to try it tommorow :D .

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen: PLEASE remember that cyclists have the same rights on the road as vehicles do in most states, and should be treated simply as another vehicle...
If you are talking LEGALLY, then yes, they do.

If you want to talk about who PAYS for the roads then NO, they most certainly DON'T.

They pay NO licence or registration fees on their bicycle,

They pay no personal property tax on it,

They pay no fuel tax on it,

All of the above are what PAY for the roads, so I say that until they start helping to PAY for the roads, they do NOT have the right to hold up traffic by pedaling along at 10 MPH in the middle of the lane and backing up traffic on a road with a 35 MPH speed limit.

What is more, I would be a lot more inclined to grant them the same rights to the road if they would obey the RULES of the road. Too many of them want to ride down the middle of the road and hold up traffic as if they were a slow vehicle - until they come to a light or a line of cars backed up in traffic. THEN they suddenly want to revert to the rules that apply to pedestrians - crossing in the crosswalk rather than waiting for the light, riding on the sidewalk, riding down the shoulder of the road, crossing the opposing lanes (when the traffic flow permits), riding on the white lane marker lines between rows of cars stopped at a light, etc.

You want the same rights on the road that I have in my truck? Then obey the same rules of the road that I have to in my truck, and start paying for every mile you ride on the roads - like I do in my truck (fuel taxes), and start paying through the nose to license your bike like I do to license my truck.

THEN I will agree that you should have the same rights on the road that I do!

dwaymar

dwaymar
Reaction score
around here they have 4' of road way the city marked off all the roads if you park in there road way you get a ticket but now they also get the tickets for not stopping at stopsigns and riding in the middle of the road little things that really pyoff