Got my CB set up in...Next is mud flaps?

McGIDI

Reaction score
Got my cb set up in i am currently still in afghanistan haha but all the dang parts are just sitting at my house and my wife sends me pictures of it all to tease me. I got a Uniden 40 channel with dual 3 ft black whips with mirror mounts. Got to love the bunny ears. Still got to change the oil and full filter and fluids changed and then the cb just need mud flaps and ill be straight just dont know how to mount or where to get them.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First, I will make an educated guess, and thus Thanks for your service!

Hope you get home and get going on yer project sounds good. Sounds like woman knows what kinda pics to send to keep ya nice and anxious ;) LOL nothing beats a good **** new parts pic IMHO, truck **** rules!

When ya get back to homeland you can start up a build thread n hopefully members will chime in on how to do flaps n such...mine are just on the deck! LOL

I like a good CB in my rig too, that will come in time. I have a VHF radio right now with commercial and HAM frequencies, however I miss CB.

Again thanks for the service, I know I'm Canadian but I appreciate it too!

Al

McGIDI

Reaction score
Haha you rock man... and yes im in the Air Force.... I worked with Canadian's actually!! But yes i will start a build thread.... Yes Truck **** does rule but she also knows other pics to send me... sometimes pics with parts lol... Yah it is a 2wd so im not to worried about serious mud flaps and keeping salt off the truck since i live in south carolina just some nice rubber ones that hang down maybe 3 inches off the ground and then I have to get new tires and stuff but yes the build thread is gonna happen now... I didnt even think about it. I am starting from a completly stock truck so it should be ok. I am trying to make it look like a big rig as much as possible. Just a downright nice looking road rig.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I thought there was something to do with dual cb antennas causing interference with each other and in turn having crappier reception/broadcast than just a single. Because they're too close together on a pickup, but semi's can get away with it because they're wider.
At least that's what I've heard.

I have a CB I need to put in, just need an antenna.
But plan on going HAM (no pun intended) since it's actually better in many ways. And my girlfriends dad can help me with my license and setting it all up. He used to be in it pretty heavy.

I agree with the above statement about stacks. Thankfully I have a dually, when I get to that point.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought there was something to do with dual cb antennas causing interference with each other and in turn having crappier reception/broadcast than just a single. Because they're too close together on a pickup, but semi's can get away with it because they're wider.
At least that's what I've heard.
I've heard/read about it as well. But I think it only applies when both antennas are connected to the same device (CB). W/ one running the CB and one running the AM/FM, it's no different than having just one CB antenna within 8ft from your factory AM/FM one. And w/ flip-out towing mirrors or West Coast mirrors you can easily position your antennas to be about 8ft apart anyways.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Oh I see. I had meant as dual CB antennas, but you answered that also.
I definitely like the idea of one for CB and one for am/fm.

I know it'd be a lot of work, but could a person run the wire through the mirror bars?

McGIDI

Reaction score
Got a single stack on my 4x4 6.0 puller, get lots of comments on how nice it looks and dont plan on making it look like a big rig or run stacks on it. Just want my dual whips and mudflaps and already have nice wheels off a 3rd gen dodge just need to plastidip them. Im not going for power or smoke or looks either. I want the things i said and thats it. Just going to be a highway truck and take me to my hunting hole.... Tune duals on a pickup and its fine... not any better performance really unless you get an amp but looks nice "IMHO".... also i do drive Rigs a little bigger than the ones on the highway and not in friendly areas... Just sayin.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is how mime is done. pass side only. why? the wind noise is obnoxious with the window down.

Attachments

• SL371309.JPG
    SL371309.JPG
    595.5 KB · Views: 6
  • SL371310.JPG
    SL371310.JPG
    873.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0127.JPG
    IMG_0127.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 9

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
i have a CB guru friend who builds sweet setups. he even wires in bluetooth headsets to make your own "hands free" cell phone device... yes talk on your cell with a CB and not pay alot for one that hardly works