Got it done. Diamond eye Exhaust // '94 idi 7.3 turbo

Ferd_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talked to John in the R&D department. He said it got pushed back a little bit. Had some stuff fall in front of it. 3in downpipe. Minimal firewall massaging. Should be pretty identical pricing as the obs powerstroke kits. Looking like Jan.

ChevellRCR

Reaction score
So I have been waiting on this for a good while. I called Diamond Eye this morning and was told John was no longer with the company and all projects he was working on have been abandoned for the foreseeable future. Oh well.....

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know a guy with a '05 (I think) Dodge with a Cummins. Several years ago, he told me that the 7" tip on his exhaust gave him something like 10HP. I didn't believe that for a second but wasn't going to argue with him about it. His older brother told me once that there's a diode that he could buy for his 95 Dakota with a 3.9 that would get him 10more MPG and it cost less than $10. When I asked him why he hadn't bought it yet, he didn't answer. I even volunteered to buy it for him. I just wanted to see it. I've come to the conclusion that talking to Dodge guys about vehicles and performance is almost productive as talking to AOCrackhead about Climate Change!cookoo
I think that on the banks website they show a tip adding like 5hp lol.

Noiseydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That 9 hour round trip was educational for me in many aspects. The cost of the "Free" system was far from free. I did put a 1356(?) BW Transfer case with the PTO drive option and the exhaust pipe was run about 3~ inches from the PTO cover plate. The bung for the Pyro did not get welded in. The exhaust pipe could have been run inside the frame rail a bit but at this point I will fight it in the future if I need. This truck is a work in process and a reworking of mistakes along the way.
Your down pipe will need to get firewall clearance for sure .

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if that was the guy I talked to in the other d.e. thread?

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t understand why it is such a complicated thing for them to do LOL. Everything is the same as the powerstroke kit besides the downpipe. I mean I understand that they have to do tests and what not but I think we’ve all been hearing about them supposedly making a kit for these trucks for quite a while now.
How an exhaust tip can add power is completely beyond me.
I’m not a massive fan of banks. They tend to over inflate a lot of their **** lol

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The downpipe prototype was the issue they had when I called the tech guy 2 years ago.
He said we could use a psd kit for the obs stroke and adapt to the upiping\down pipe ect. To the idi downpipe...

But he needed a test mule (guess we slacked off to long)

Noiseydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"The downpipe prototype was the issue they had when I called the tech guy 2 years ago.
He said we could use a psd kit for the obs stroke and adapt to the upiping\down pipe ect. To the idi downpipe...

But he needed a test mule (guess we slacked off to long)"

I gave them the "test mule" they had it for a week. It cost me a 9 hour round trip plus a tad bit more that I won't get into right now.
If they could NOT build it from my cherry condition 02/94 7.3 idiT, then it probably won't happen.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well damn when I talked to his front office they said he was "the guy in charge"
We talked at length... drag the Guys with good ideas tend to leave.
guess the 3 week prototyping statement was *****...

I gotta go back and read why they bailed on this, and recheck why the pto cover had clearence issues...
I will throw some more leg work into this when I get time...

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
noisey
did you bring him a 2x4 rig?
Please explain the pto issues with the 1350...

edit
I see they made the downpipe to 4" aft pipe connection (as I read post 1)
**** we need to get that to russ or idiot or wes or??? and clone it...
thanx cb

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what it’s worth, I used the psd down pipe and just cut the flange off and used the correct size on an elbow for my application. I know I’m not factory turbo but it wasn’t bad. Then mated to 4” using what I think was a cat delete pipe for “off-road use only”. I did my own from there back.

Sucks that it fell through. Anything to get rid of the crushed ford down pipe is a good thing.

Noiseydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"noisey
did you bring him a 2x4 rig?
Please explain the pto issues with the 1350..."

I took them a 02/94 7.3 idiT 2wd E4OD with the first 127K on the odometer. That is still in process of a 4X4 changeover. The transfer case is in place. The Diamond Eye 4" exh pipe runs right past the transfer case PTO cover. At that time in the past I was considering a hyd winch with front and rear connections. Currently i am scratching that idea for both the prohibitive cost and the pipe running past the cover, not to mention an other potential ground clearance problem with a PTO pump hanging down. I figure the cost/frequency of use is what is keeping me from going that direction .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7