good mechanic in Pittsburgh, PA?

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i was told by a local shop that i have a leaky head gasket, becasue i asked them to tell me where i was leaking coolant from. Are there any mechanics in the PGH area that are trusted to work on these motors and don't cost an arm and a leg. This truck is my daily driver, so i need to have it done sooner than later.

thanks

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Only person that comes to mind is Mel at Conestoga diesel in Pa. I really don't know if he will take on that kind of a rush job or not. don't know how far off you are from him either. You might try Barnett in New Jersey too. I know they are a machine shop but do not know if they will take on that job either. Just throwing out there some possible places to ask.

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm only 30 or so miles from you and take on a good bit of side work. Sadly with the farm and side projects I don't know when I'd be able to do your truck

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I should ask why does the "mechanic" think its a head gasket leaking. What are the signs that you can tell us.

gandalf

Reaction score
Gary, as nearly as I can measure, he is about 150 miles west of Mel. It's a do-able distance if need be, but there should be somebody closer.

Josh, is that a Tardis in your avatar? (Y)

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pittsburgh to Willow Street is about 245 mi apart. Well worth the drive both ways for a knowledgeable tech.

Last edited:

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gary, as nearly as I can measure, he is about 150 miles west of Mel. It's a do-able distance if need be, but there should be somebody closer.

Josh, is that a Tardis in your avatar? (Y)

yes it is. and if its gonna cost a few grand to get this truck fixed. i will likely just sell it. I cant justify so much money to fix a 30 year old 2wd truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle