Good 3 way ball valve

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where do you actually get one of these that doesn't suck? I've gotten two different ones from amazon as literally 0 of my local hardware stores have anything and look at you like a ******** alien when you ask about such a thing. I of course was cutting the flow of coolant off to my heater core for summer, worked great. Turned it back to let heat go through the other day and the one valve is ******* coolant out of one of the threads on the valve where the 3/4 npt to hose barb goes. Tried tape, tried swapping adapters to different ports on the three way valve, it's just garbage China junk.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G71YBBN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That's the one I got, one works, one leaks. I tried putting steel stick / jb weld both from metal on the valve to the adapter from npt to hose barb, but it just leaks right under it.

I don't know where else to get this stuff, and honestly everything local to me sucks. I have no magical local hydraulic shop or anything similar. If it isn't at ace, lowes, or home depot, I'm confined to the internet and this appears to not be good for me.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want to look for yourself, FW Webb is the east coast ish plumbing supply and will have them. Ferguson/Wosley is the mid to west coast. Not sure if there is one in PA. But you could check online.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get a brass ball valve. Stainless steel is really tough to get to seal with NPT threads, if you don't use the right lubricant/sealer you will almost always smear the threads and get a leak.

rwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I used this one, I'll try to find my info on it, its a marine one

rwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats it, Discount Marine prolly don't sell it anymore, been over a year ago

rwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's some installed pics, inside frame rail, poked the handle stem up thu floor, handle under seat back approx. Handle selects front tank, rear or off, funny though og lines are much smaller then
sizes recommended.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I got one from McMaster's carr [brass] and it still leaks. Same port as on the old valve. Leaks less but it's still wet under it. Doesn't make sense. Ready to just throw it all away.

Gonna try and tighten everything one more turn. Hopefully it was residual coolant that was getting on the paper towel from before.

Last edited:

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Why not run the Ranger heater core bypass valve? It will bypass the heater core when vacuum pressure is switched on, can be used for when you select max AC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online