gone

devildog88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tonka how you likin the dodge? What kind of milage you getting with it?

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tonka how you likin the dodge? What kind of milage you getting with it?

:Thumbs Up I like it a lot. Got 22 mpg on the 100 mile test drive running 62 - 63 mph.

Right now I have it in my shop getting outfitted for work. Have yanked the bedliner, tailgate and chrome wheel covers and installed the the 91 gallon aux tank, WD stinger, new Curt Q5 fifth wheel, gooseneck, LED ICC marker lights and new Tazmanian Devil "Back Off!!!" rear wheel mudflaps on. Been a couple busy days. Still have to put on the in bed 7 pin plug, both tool boxes, CB, front flaps, full length rear flap, fire extinguisher, triangles, change my non trucking liability insurance policy, fax a few things in to HQ and get a federal DOT inspection done. Then it's time to load up my stuff and get back on the road. Will get a weld on fifth wheel lube plate installed monday morning at Dan's Service Center in Wakarusa, IN.

Won't know more until I put it to work next monday afternoon pulling it's first load out of Indiana. Will start fuel economy testing with the Bullydog Triple Dog too in the next few weeks.

Better news is my base pay rate will be going up about 5 cents per mile tomorrow because of fuel costs.:D

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5 cents a mile to cover 4.10/gal? lets see at 22mpg 22x.5=$1.10 so i hope you are getting more than the other $3 per mile to brake even???

What.....:confused: Don't know where you studied math, are you one of the truckers on strike over fuel pricescookoo that didn't know how to negotiate or collect for fuel surcharges and are going broke at 87 cents per mile.

My contract is adjusted the first wednesday every month for fuel prices.

At $4.10 per gallon and 22 mpg fuel cost is $0.186 per mile..... at 10 mpg fuel cost is $.41 per mile, 13 mpg fuel cost would be .315 per mile, 20 mpg + .205 per mile.

National average for ULSD is $3.964 as of 3/31/08 up from $3.658 on 3/3/08 which is what my base rate is set on now. That's a difference of $0.306 which is a hair over 3 cents per mile at 10 mpg loaded which leaves me almost 2 cents per mile to the good and can absorb another 20 cent per gallon increase in fuel costs. This is what the striking truckers need to think about and get into their contracts. They need to be flexible with their contracts & fuel surcharges and know what it costs them per mile to run down the road so they can cover themselves and still make money, they also need to find ways to adapt that can put more in their pockets.... run an aero type truck instead of that cool Pete 379 if you're pulling freight in a box van or ******, slow down and drive 65 instead of 75...... etc....

I do better than the national average with my aux tank. I fill in Indiana tax exempt and top off before crossing the border, get in and out without buying fuel in Canada and top off with just enough to get back to Indiana.

My base rate per mile will go to $1.24, I also get a .04 performance bonus and I run Canada which usually pays a .07 premium so I'll be hauling my runs to Alberta at $1.35 per mile in a pickup with a light load which is unfortunatly more than they are paying big trucks to run at 80,000 lbs.

I'm profitable and clear more than $1000 a week..... when I'm working...and I only pull usually one 1700 - 1800 mile load a week. I usually work 3 - 4 weeks and take 1 - 2 off, run wherever I want to run, take off whenever I want to. Love it, can't get this freedom behind a desk.

Last edited:

rubberfish

Reaction score
to the darkside I went & bought a 97 dodge 12 valve, selling my 90 f250
One by one you guys are making the switch. ;Really
If you're looking for an affordable 300rwhp
you sure picked the right truck for it.
You'll be happy with your new truck. :)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score