Goldenrod 496 Water Block Filter

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Specs say "Alcohol- and impact-resistant see-through bowl has working pressure of 150 PSI" does this mean this is max pressure or the pressure it's in it's zone in?

Mine is pushing about 40lbs of resistance right now.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
working pressure should be just that, what you can safly work with. max pressure would be the limit if it said that.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
My Shurflo diaphragm pump doesn't like backpressure of more than something like 60psi - so I'm screwed if gets that high. Given that pressures have already touched 60psi (I put in a gauge) I think the Goldenrod is coming off since $9.00/element isn't worth it to me - I'd rather switch fuel filters (got a goodly stash for $4.95/pc). I dunno - time ot upgrade the pump maybe.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
it must have clogged, since 20-30 psi will push oil right through mine. they are only 4.95 by me......maybe you can get a cheeper source.

DIESELHERB

Reaction score
GR water filter

I have one filter elements or $10-11 at TSC I found a place online for $6-7. Mine will not bypass, I was filtering some BD I bought and after about 10 gal the pressure built up to where the plastic hose I was used swelled twice its size. It is a good last filter before going into a vehicle, but too expensive for removing water in the beginning.