Glug glug after new IP, what's causing it?

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rig has 7 year old diesel in the tanks cause pulled it out of a hole, it runs off the stuff fine but she's a bit smoother off a can to be honest.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Other than this noise, how does it run? Have you driven the truck at all? How long have you run the engine with the new IP? Has the fast idle shut off?
I asked these questions because I think I can hear the noise that you're talking about. If this is the noise, I've heard it before and can replicate the noise with my Blue Truck. I've always heard this noise ONLY on trucks with open headers, not manifolds. It only happens while the fast idle is on, for whatever reason. I'm not saying that it can't happen to another truck, but that's only where I've heard it happen. Once the fast idle kicks off, the noise is gone. It affects nothing at all. If everything else is fine, I say to run the truck, drive it around, and see what happens if anything.

Mishka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than this noise, how does it run? Have you driven the truck at all? How long have you run the engine with the new IP? Has the fast idle shut off?
I asked these questions because I think I can hear the noise that you're talking about. If this is the noise, I've heard it before and can replicate the noise with my Blue Truck. I've always heard this noise ONLY on trucks with open headers, not manifolds. It only happens while the fast idle is on, for whatever reason. I'm not saying that it can't happen to another truck, but that's only where I've heard it happen. Once the fast idle kicks off, the noise is gone. It affects nothing at all. If everything else is fine, I say to run the truck, drive it around, and see what happens if anything.

Yes it's just the drop in idle, only happens if throttle is dropped fast. I'm expecting it to get better as it's worn in more. I have had it on the road a few times and it drives fantastic outside of TPS sensor which I've almost perfected.
I did put 1 new injector in which will be replaced in a few weeks with a complete set of injectors from CDD so they'll all match so that might be get rid of the mean exhaust sound (sounded perfect before I broke my number 5 injector....don't ask I did something stupid)

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Yes I did forget to mention that it only happens when you rev the engine and let it come back to an idle on it's own without the throttle being held so the engine comes to an idle slowly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online