Glowplugs

dieselfuelonly444

Reaction score
Hi all, when I got my truck this June, it had some trouble starting when it got a little cold out so I figured it was GP time. The PO said he had never changed them (he owned the truck for five years) so I figured they were either old or original. I bought some GP's and pulled the old ones, and of course, they were Autolites, but none of them were swollen and all came out without any trouble, now after seeing all of this Motocraft ZD-9 talk, I'm starting to think I might have gotten the wrong ones. I purchased Premium "dual coil" glow plugs from Accurate diesel, I've heard good things about accurate diesel on ebay but have never heard good nor bad of the Premium glow plugs. So, the million dollar question is, are these going to end up like the vast majority of autolites and I should get some ZD-9's stat, or will I be okay without worrying too much about swelling?

dieselfuelonly444

Reaction score
Thats a better answer than I was expecting. With that in mind that i shouldnt have to replace them anytime soon, a manual GP switch should be coming up soon.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradz

Members online