glow plug replacement.

richtrailrider

Reaction score
I learned something: Put the drill in reverse, now the tricky part; a 6in wonder bar with a 1in foot can be ground down in the foots jaw somewhere between 1/4 and 3/8in. Like were pulling a big nail. Caution this gap needs to fit between the top threads and the hex where the socket sits. id loosen by hand, blaster, try plyers first. Those off set vicegrips dont pull up strait they cause the tip to bind and may be break if you pull to hard there good just be careful when you get in an aquard position. the drill spins the carbon build up off the tip go slow blaster makes it softer if you get a bad one soak for a day or two. very carefully find the best place crows foot to sit. remember you can always bend the wonder bar if needed or grind on the width so it fits with out binding on the head. I broke one with vicegrips. Professional help is worth it sometimes. richtrailrider

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
Did you ohm out the new plugs to verify they really are good? Remember, you are looking for .5-1.0 ohm for a good plug out of the package. I test mine on the rubber that seperates the radiator from the air intake/grille area. I could not obtain an accurate reading with the GP's installed in the head.

Do you have a solid connection at the bullet/GP interface?

Does the GPR afterburn them, continue to pulse them after starting?

What is your ambient temperature and how long does your WTS light remain illuminated?

I did not think to test them. My DD went down on a cold ass day, so I just went out and replaced them in a hurry so I would have something to drive.

The connection at the GPs is good.

The GPR does afterburn them.

I need to time how long it stays on at what temp. I will try to time it.

PZ

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
....so that I don't have to teach anyone (including my wife) what to do to drive the truck.

PZ

For just such an occasion, I have a toggle under the hood of the truck. It allows me to switch the glow plugs from manual control (push button), to the factory automatic control. If someone other than myself needs to move/drive my truck, I toggle it to the factory glow plug control. Otherwise, I keep it on the manual push botton.

The best of both glow plug control worlds.:D

Heath

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
that is an awesome idea. But I am not that motivated... I just got my turbo back, so I have bigger priorities!

PZ