glow plug question

ellis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i am just trying to conferm somthing on my truck. ok here it is my truck in the morn has good presur at filter head but when i glow it for 10 sec it will turnover and caugh for a awhile and then it will finaly start but if i glow it for 16 sec it will hit it is taking alot of heat to start and it ant but 50 deg outside so do you think my compression is to low. i just put new beru glow plugs in and its on a manul glow switch.so i dont want to burn my glow plugs up what is the longest i can glow them without burning them up thanks for any help

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How fast is it turning over? The engine needs to whip over pretty fast if you want it to start right up, since the compression from the pistons heats the air, along with the glowplugs. The batteries, battery cables, and starter need to be in good shape.

ellis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a gear reduction starter and 850 batts i can shoot a little eather in her and i know all the storys but anyway she will pop right off ill try to get a vido could sombody post a starting vido on a cold morn on a good idi to give something of how it should be

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.