Glow plug problems?

Kris K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok long storie.

Two days ago i go out and, jump in the truck hit the push button and, nothing no click, no glow plug light just nothing. I had to have someone come pick me up since the truck wouldn't start. :backoff

I got home an started to mess with it. I found where the wire had been rubbed through and the wires where touching metal. I taped it up and the glow plugs worked fine.

Well today it happend again got in pushed the button and, nothing. :mad: I got out thinking it was just teh wires worn through and touching metal again. I messed with it forever finally I got some starter fluid :puke: . Of course it started right up.

It did however click once or twice when i was pushing the button. but it wouldn't stay on.

So i figure it's ether worn wires again or the glow plug controler is toast or the push button is wore out. What do yo think?????

Most likely when I get home i'm going to redo everything new button, wires and wrap it with the black loom stuff and, controler.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Diesels vibrate a lot. Wires that get rubbed through are going to happen if you don't protect them. I'd do like you suggested and replace the entire length of wire.

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
Since the wire shorted out, the fusible link, just off the starter relay on the passenger side wheel well, is probably burned up. check it and replace it. Mine had only a few strands of wire remaining. Get a new one at A/P store. OkieGringo

Kris K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok i went out to check things out since it's light out now. I checked the fusible link and put it all back together. Got in and the button lights up and the glow plugs works now. I'm forsure going to replace the wires, but do you think i should still replace the button and controler?????? I just don't want to be stranded again!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ealiaga12

Members online