Gift to me: pair of 285 Coopers

oreocreaming

Reaction score
Perhaps I should rephrase that,

I tow heavy equipment mostly up hills and need my 4:10 gearing to remain. No offence, but you wouldn't make it up any hills around here with them big tires and no turbo towing what I do.

mine would ;Really and they are 5:38's. close enough though.

oreocreaming

Reaction score
oh, and i had 4:10's with the 42's hauling 12000 lbs over 20 miles of 6% grade no problem. it was in 2nd gear cause the gears were so damn tall but she did fine. tires just sucked, they walked all over the place. these new ones are so stiff they hold under load in a corner and dont roll on the sidewall at all.

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oreo, 6% grade might sound like alot to you but thats practically flat to me. Go up 20%+ grades for miles and I might be impressed.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Till it croaks out going up that hill:rotflmao

Or a idi clogs your filter with sootLOL

Or your computer dies

Or your CPS dies

Or you loose an injector

Or a o-ring for the turbo pedistal blows (that happens too left me stranded)

List goes on... i can be negitive aswell sir, but in a nice way, have a great evening:D

Im sorry. What truck are you driving? Your broke down IDI or a Powerstroke?

yeah, thats what i thought. SHUT IT

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't say I went for miles on those hills, I told him to.:D Upstate NY there are over 25% grades for quite a while. Some are at least a mile or two but most only last for around a mile.

joe f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't say I went for miles on those hills, I told him to.:D Upstate NY there are over 25% grades for quite a while. Some are at least a mile or two but most only last for around a mile.

if u never been up it dont speek like u have and have u ever been up the grap vine its not as some people think

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have gone up those joe, just not on a regular bases. What common upstate is steep grades, but not much longer than a mile.

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I think that was great!!!!! I have the same ones, your gonna be happy with them.

oreocreaming

Reaction score
grapevine is a section of the I5 between bakersfield and LA. its a stretch that puts the average semi down to 25mph and kills cars and trucks by the dozens. and id pull any hill in my girl that you would in yours snapon.
@GOOSE, they are nice tires. never tried cooper tires. let us know how they hold up to a load and the miles.

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grapevine is a section of the I5 between bakersfield and LA. its a stretch that puts the average semi down to 25mph and kills cars and trucks by the dozens. and id pull any hill in my girl that you would in yours snapon.
@GOOSE, they are nice tires. never tried cooper tires. let us know how they hold up to a load and the miles.

Did I ever say yours couldn't?? Not being smart here but how much was joe's truck on that flat? Couldn't have been more than 9-10K.

Coopers are nice, real quiet too.

oreocreaming

Reaction score
joes truck is nowhere near the heaviest load ive taken. and i didnt have joes truck when i went over the grapevine. 69 caddi and 62 lincoln. both 4 door. WAY over length, cant believe i didnt get pulled over along the rout but trailer is just under 4000 (its way heavier then it looks) and there was maybe 9-10k in cars.

EDIT:
The Lincoln Continental .... Height, 56.3 in (1430 mm). Curb weight, 5000 lb
1969 Cadillac Fleetwood Model 75 curb weight 5600 lbs
so, just over 10k in payload.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online