Getting a "New to us" 5'er

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
We've been trying to get this 5th wheel for several weeks and they finally agreed to our deal. It's a 2003 Sunline F-311SR and is 33' long. I installed a Reese 16,000lb slider hitch in our '05 F350 on Wednesday. We'll pick the 5'er on Thursday, 12/17/09...

The dry pin weight on this thing is 2,000lbs and the GVWR on it is 12,500lbs.

Before I try to pull it with my 93 F250, I'd like to know if I'd be able to at all..

Any ideas? BTW: I know I'll have issues, since I'm still N/A. Hopefully, that will be attended to soon...

Gary

You must be registered for see images attach

indian347

Reaction score
That 350 will have no problem at all. I have a 03 250 and pulling 11.500 is my legal limit. Id stay with the 350. Does it have DRW if so much more stable .I have a single slide Wildcat and wish I'd went for 2 slides.

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
That 350 will have no problem at all. I have a 03 250 and pulling 11.500 is my legal limit. Id stay with the 350. Does it have DRW if so much more stable .I have a single slide Wildcat and wish I'd went for 2 slides.

The 350 is SRW and pulls the 5er great... Have yet to "Field test" it, due to the crummy weather!

Kanyonkitty

Reaction score
Hitched up and ready to head home. Due to the time of day that we were heading home, to avoid major city traffic I had Gary go up and over the mountain on the twisty turny 2 lane road. Great experience for 1st time towing a 5th wheel. When we got to Interstate I-81, he headed right for a cat scale. He has the numbers, I don't. Any way here are a few pics:

"IF" we can make the IDI Rally this year, we won't be cramped like we were in my 24 footer last year.

Kitty

Last edited:

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
If you pull that with your 250 you will be overweight by the listed limits. It'll pull it , but not legally

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang Gary! That's a far cry from sleeping in your truck on my doorstep! Does the W & W know you have that? They would love to commandeer that, put some bolts through the wall and a big ol' piece of bar stock across the door and call it home. LOL Congrats!

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
If you pull that with your 250 you will be overweight by the listed limits. It'll pull it , but not legally

That's what we bought the 94 F350 for.. Being NA, the 250 wouldn't have a snowball's chance of pulling that thing! :eek:

Dang Gary! That's a far cry from sleeping in your truck on my doorstep! Does the W & W know you have that? They would love to commandeer that, put some bolts through the wall and a big ol' piece of bar stock across the door and call it home. LOL Congrats!

Hard to believe, isn't it Mel??? I did tell you, that I'd never sleep in my truck at a rally again!!

This thing is far from falling apart and cost more than the RR would spend on us in twenty years combined!

Last edited:

Kanyonkitty

Reaction score
Mel,

Between not having enuff room in the Sunline that I had when we came to last years Rally, converting the twin beds into a king size bed while we were there :dunno, yeah I carry power tools with me, and then all that rain and wonderful "RED" mud, I told Gary it would not happen again. SO, now we have ROOM, a much more comfortable sofa to sit on, a fireplace, and a recliner that Gary immediately laid claims to :backoff

Hoping we can manage to make it to this years rally, but it's a long haul for a 4 day weekend, and now with Gary missing work :dunno:dunno:dunno

Kitty

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle