GearVendors Install question - Need Help

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Got it all in & works pretty well. Anyone getting a hard shift into OD under accerleration? I was on my way home from Mel's tonite & figured I stand on it a little. A couple times it really shifted HARD into OD. Other than that, pretty happy with it & got it wired right too!! Thanks for all the input.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Here's a few pictures of it mounted. Fivepuller, it's about 2 inches below the bottom of the cab. I thought it was going to hit but theres plenty of room.

Attachments

• P7310032.JPG
    P7310032.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 12
  • P7310033.JPG
    P7310033.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 9

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That hard OD shift is normal, mine has done it from day one.. Any idea on what kind of highway RPM's you are getting now? I bet they are alot nicer than what you had to start with!! AS long as you are not lower than 2400 at 70 you will not make me jealous, if you are, maybe I don't wanna know. Just kidding, set up looks great. Scotty

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I haven't had it on the highway yet. I'll pay attention tommorrow morning on the way to the orthopedic's office. Getting the follow up from surgery & the stitches out. I did get it to 60mph on the way to Mel's yesterday & it was only turning 1900-2000 rpms. I'll let ya know, but don't be jeolious. Your turning 4.56's right? I think I should be unhappy if we're turning the same numbers. I got 3.54's :confused:

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YOU HAVE 3.55s!!! Man, you suck!!! I thought you have 4.10's. If you have 3.55's you should be around 2K at 70 or so... Man, you will start to get some really nice mileage now. I wished I had 4.10's. The 4.56's are awesome pulling the Jeep around, but for everyday stuff, 4.10's would be alot nicer on the fuel bill. I bet you are going to be around 2100 maybe 2200 at 70 with the OD engaged, you have a sweet ride. Wanna trade? Scotty

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got to see the install in person. Nice job! ;Sweet

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Scotty, approx. 2250-2300 with my foot in it a little to hold speed (no Cruise Control) @70mph. A little less running on level ground or down hill. Me happy :D

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that is really nice, no cruise control, that is blasphemy, how do you drive that rig? Just kidding. Must be the tire size combo and stuff, but I am right around 2450 at 70 and that is with a GPS and the speedo is within a mile or two of the gps. I guess I cannot complain too much, but I still will.. I bet that has made the truck pretty enjoyable to drive on the road now? Scotty

fiverpuller

Lizard Limo
Reaction score
apextrans said:
Here's a few pictures of it mounted. Fivepuller, it's about 2 inches below the bottom of the cab. I thought it was going to hit but theres plenty of room.
It looks about like what I have. Is there a cab cross member above the gv adapter. If it clears yours it must clear my '92. Nice short shaft. ;Sweet Glad everything worked out ok.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
fiverpuller said:
Is there a cab cross member above the gv adapter. If it clears yours it must clear my '92.

Yeah, one above the adapter & the next one back is right over the yoke on the GV. You can see that latter in the pic above. Even with the one over the adapter, I still had enough room to get my hands in there to bolt up the OD with no trouble. Let me know how yours goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online

No members online now.