Gear Vendor install questions

hce

So can i....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As for the manual reset button, you get used to it enough eventually you'll push it by habit without even looking at the t-case shifter - kaboom! Unless you actually put it on the t-case shifter, then you'll definitely have to look at its position :D

Lets get this straight its violent tire hop, tire chirp, violent tire hop, tire chirp, hop tire chirp, panic freeze up grip wheel push in clutch hop boom, :dunno

hce

So can i....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lack of install manual and I can figure this out. Having the lock out hooked up correctly and yet not understanding my gear vendors was not shifting into overdrive because of the 4 wheel lock stays triggered and 4wd switch was to touchy and triggering when left in 2wd position intermittently. Next unhooking 4wd lockout gv vendors works great, months pass, 4wd lockout is forgot about. Winter arrives and hubs are locked in. Nice leisure drive home on patchy icy roads, the subconscious habit kicks in of engaging double overdrive, violent tire hop, tire chirp, violent tire hop, tire chirp, hop tire chirp, panic freeze up grip wheel push in clutch hop boom, :dunno.
quickly examine damage, put transfer case in 2wd limp one mile home.
New, ring and pinion, front end yoke, front driveshaft, front transfer case yoke, might as well install new u joint in axle shafts, spindle seals and bearings. Hook 4x4 lock up wire back to switch on transfer case, Shim out 4wd switch so it stays open in 2wd. Test lock out function repeatedly with hubs locked out front drive shaft removed and then driveshaft installed hubs locked out.
Preach the 4x4 lock out on any gear vendors thread I see.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that put things into perspective quite nicely alright! Sucks you had to figure things out the hard way. Our other truck is air-shift everything, the rear axle and the t-case are plumbed together in a rather peculiar manner that only allows 4x4 when the axle is in low range and automatically disengages 4x4 if the rear axle is even commanded to shift into high range. It's such a "mess" that half the time even I forget how the thing actually operates, but operate it does flawlessly, and whenever any diagnostics are needed all one needs to do is follow the color-coded lines... Wish electric-drive stuff was that easy, sure would be nice to achieve actuation delays as simply as throwing an air tank inline with an auto-purge switch on the dash.

lukewarmt

BCOilBurner
Reaction score
Think I will end up shortening my drive shaft by the looks of it. Just the short piece past the carrier bearing. I know there is a lot of division on this subject but my friend is a ticketed welder so I trust his welds.