Gauge style

Kimber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been loking into a set of gauges for the truck with the windshield mount.
Would y'all think white faced Isspros to match factory gauges.......OR........black faced since the overhead puter is basically black???? :confused:

Whit

Reaction score
Go with the white to match what ya got........................I sure dont care for the dash mount as it reflects on the windshield, I have the A piller mount with 3 gages and also one in the tweeter hole :D also I have the 3 hole dash mount just infront of the center counsol next to my CB radio......................braker braker 19 good buddy LOL Wife says it looks like the cockpit of a fighter jet..........I says "YEP" :draw :D :draw

MUDDY

Reaction score
go w/ the white faced dipricols. look awesome in a 3g. the pisspros are more of a wiring hassle and many say the acuracy aint good

i had 5 guages in each of my 3g's. 2 on steering colume and 3 in cubbyhole in dash

Kimber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK....how bout the mount? Not the dash, but the windshield

Attachments

• GW-18017-2sm.jpg
    GW-18017-2sm.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 11

MUDDY

Reaction score
lookks nice,,,,,,,,,,but not ideal for primary guages. [pyro ie]

i like the pyro where i can see it easily w/o my eyes leaving the rd too far

trans temp,[flip switch for rear temp] fuel pressure, and 2nd pyro can go above. put main pyro and boost on steering column[or pillar] where u can see quick and easy. just what i wld do anyway

Whit

Reaction score
Kimber said:
OK....how bout the mount? Not the dash, but the windshield

Very nice Kimber, like the Muddy says good for the secondary gauges.........................where did ya get that, I may need to get more gages :D

Gildo

Reaction score
The gauge style you choose is a personal preference, and I hope that everyone is happy with his choice of Manufacturer and style.

Because the title of this thread is "gauge style" I felt that a mention of Autometer is warranted. I chose Autometer because the colors that some of the manufactures use on the Pyrometer look goofy to me, and because I have an old bodystyle truck I feel that the Autometer Z-series look best for my application. That being said, I could not find any vendor anywhere that could beat the price that I paid. Check this out.

• ATM17303 Triple Full "A" Pillar $52.56
  • ATM2654 Z-series 0-1600 degrees Pyrometer $109.72
  • ATM2616 Z-series 35 PSI Boost $42.86
  • ATM2607 Z-series 120-240 degrees Water Temperature $60.99
  • ATM2604 Z-series 0-100 PSI Z-series Oil Pressure $41.99
  • ATM2204 Mounting Cup, black $17.99
  • $326 net cost of 4 gauges, Full "A" Pillar, and a Mounting Cup
  • $340 to my doorstep!

That's one heck of a deal and delivered in 2 days.

Good luck,
Gil

Edited to add the Mounting Cup.

Last edited:

Hokey

Reaction score
gauges

window mounts look good but need some gauges right in your face like egt/boost go w/ o-60 boost....