Gauge pod install

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Has anyone got any good pictures of a gauge pillar pod install?
I picked up a 3 gauge pod and a set of Isspro gauges ( pyro, boost and water temp ) , Haven't torn into the dash yet.

Do I need to tear the factory pillar trim out,cut a chunk out of it, or just drill a few big holes in it and attempt to route everything through

Thanks--------Robert

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Robert, Here are pictures of mine
You must be registered for see images
You put the gauge pod over your existing A pillar and just do you best to line everything up and route the cables out the bottom. I usually cut a notch in the bottom of the pillar pod to make more room for the wires. I also make use of the factory screw that holds the stock A pillar trim on, so I don't need to drill any new holes.

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's pics of mine...3 gauge pod too. Hopefully the link will work; I seem to have a heck of a time with webshots.

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1243833196063309398ofTNfI

IIRC I did like Mel and placed the whole thing over the existing trim. I think I tried it both ways. I do know for sure that I had to do a whole lot of trimming on the bottom to get it to fit correctly. Mine was for '92 and above though. Couldn't find any for the lesser years. The dremel tool was my best friend that day! :thumbsup:

On re-read I see you have a '92 so you should be good to go!!

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Where did you come through the firewall with the leads?
Those dang Isspro gauges I got , the lead for the water temp is 6ft, but they failed to mention that there's a big tranducer box dead in the middle of that , that they *suggest* be mounted inside the cab . About the only way I can pull that off is to mount the box right near where the throttle cable comes out and that will give me just enough wire to reach the probe on top of the water pump, but I'll need to route the wire in the cab up over the pedals somehow, but so far, I haven't found a path unless I add about 2-3 more feet of wire and run it under the mat and up the side, but I would like to just use what's there if possible.

--------Robert

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Mine is ISSPRO as well but came with plenty wire, maybe they didn't give You the wire for the right application?. Also, I mounted the pillar on top of the existing trim and it worked just fine using the factory screws.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Mine is ISSPRO as well but came with plenty wire, maybe they didn't give You the wire for the right application?. Also, I mounted the pillar on top of the existing trim and it worked just fine using the factory screws.

Well, I bought the whole mess from Ken at DPS. I'd certainly hope he'd know the right parts. as it is, he had them drop shipped from the factory ( took over a week, after telling me on the phone that he had them in stock and I'd get them in about 3 days ) and they sent a different pyrometer than the one I ordered ( same part number but different than the one on the DPS webpage ), but I've decided to just live with it because I don't have time to fool with getting it switched for the right one.

------Robert

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Uh... I got them from Him as well but not one problem, what is going on with Ken, too busy or what?

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's a pillar pod? :dunno I wouldnt even be able to imagine anything like a pillar pod in my truck. They didnt make the pillar pods for 1991 they do have them for 1992 and up though for the E series vans-cuss .

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The EV series have those boxes, but the other ones don't.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker