Fun-fest coming to a close?

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Time to run 100% WMO. At 12 bucks a gallon im going to be living at work to save on fuel cost.

tractorman86

Reaction score
i think like mel said, we are all in the same boat, i drive 30mi a day and it just kills me spending $80 and not getting even close to a full truck.:puke: i don't think i am getting the mpg i should though, untill i get the speedo fixed i'll never know:dunno. i would like to brew some for myself but the chances of getting ahold of processable oil around here are slim to none. i feel your pain bud i am parting out a lincoln right now so i can afford a living, i got it so i could put the 5.0 into a jeep that i had but traded it off for my bronco so it became disposable. i am about to start riding my motorcycle but still have registration and ins to worry about:rolleyes: hopefully a 250 will be cheep on ins. it sounds a bit far fetched, but 70-75 mpg is what they advertise but i will give it a real world test and see.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
like others are saying u get some rice burner u got to make it road worthy then reg. ins. payments what have u this whole business is FN-rediculus
like mel said everybody is in the same boat staying afloat kinda what do all of us do that is the question

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i get a hair over 50 (52-54) with my 600 and i dont race it but a dont baby it either.

my older CB750 and suzuki 600 could only do high 20's

its not a ton to insure either, i guess they figure you cant do as much damage on a bike. it breaks down to about $20 a month insurance IIRC.

Last edited:

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got an XS400 Special for ear free last summer, been fixing it for the last month or so, and I'm taking my rider safety class this weekend. Should end up with like 60mpg, if I manage to get the damn thing to spark that is.

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
I would hold onto the truck.... Like everyone said... by the time you buy another vehicle, insure it and all that stuff, your not going to be saving money really AND your going to be driving something you probly don't want to drive. You have a nice truck...... Have you tried talking with your parents at all bout when you back in school if they're gunna help you out some? Just cause I got my truck painted sure doesn't mean I have lots of money, I'm going broke driving it, but someone will have to pry it out of my cold dead hands....... Maybe look into a bike of some kind? I'm considering an inexpensive one, it would in reality pay for itself in a few months if ya rode it a lot...

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Like you guys have said, I probably wouldnt end up selling it, I just couldnt bring myself to do that. So I would end up with a beater for a car, and like others have said, in the long run it would take a long time to make the money back. I'll stick with my truck for a while.

I thought you had to be 18 to ride a bike? Maybe a state law? If not, what all do you have to do to be able to ride one?

Fuel has gone down $.10 , its now at $4.70 a gallon. Oil jumped back up to $131 a barrel LOL that sucks....

This weekend, I'm going to go around to all the mom and pop auto shops, and see if they wanna get rid of there WMO, or buy if off of them real cheap.

I kinda talked to them about it, they seemed pretty staunch on it.

The bummer part is all my plans for what I was going to spend my money I make this summer, are basically thrown out the window.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Who you have your insurance with isn't helping any. Allstate isn't cheap, but if you're on your parents policy, chances are, you aren't going to do much better. Being young and male pretty much screws you as far as insurance. If you bought the insurance on your own, start shopping around fast, allstate is one of the highest, and one of the worst as far as paying claims.

It's hard for some of us older guys to remember when like me, I'm only paying about $1200 a year for full coverage on the whole fleet now, but looking back when I was a kid out in So Cal and I was paying $1500 a year for liability only...on a motorcycle -cuss and that was with a clean record. But then, I could fill the 6 gal tank on that bike for just under $3 back then too :rolleyes:

I hear a lot of guys suggesting motorcycles, but I guess they've never been to Oregon. 2 wheels may be optional transportation in a lot of places, but western OR it rains ALL the stinkin' time.
I used to live not far north of there, but I wasn't born there, so I didn't have the required webbed feet needed to be able to stand it for more than a couple of years :rotflmao

Reefdiver72

Sludge Slinger
Reaction score
hey Ford guy the first thing I would do is find me a new insurance that is outrageous I have had my licenses suspened for to many points been on high risk since I was 16 and have never paid that much even for full coverage.
In the winter I just run naptha in my 90% wmo and it runs good and starts decent I found a starters cheaper then 3 tanks of diesel fuel but I havent went through one yet.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Who you have your insurance with isn't helping any. Allstate isn't cheap, but if you're on your parents policy, chances are, you aren't going to do much better. Being young and male pretty much screws you as far as insurance. If you bought the insurance on your own, start shopping around fast, allstate is one of the highest, and one of the worst as far as paying claims.

It's hard for some of us older guys to remember when like me, I'm only paying about $1200 a year for full coverage on the whole fleet now, but looking back when I was a kid out in So Cal and I was paying $1500 a year for liability only...on a motorcycle -cuss and that was with a clean record. But then, I could fill the 6 gal tank on that bike for just under $3 back then too :rolleyes:

I hear a lot of guys suggesting motorcycles, but I guess they've never been to Oregon. 2 wheels may be optional transportation in a lot of places, but western OR it rains ALL the stinkin' time.
I used to live not far north of there, but I wasn't born there, so I didn't have the required webbed feet needed to be able to stand it for more than a couple of years :rotflmao

I'll agree with you there, we get rain all the fricking time. Funny you mention it, cause as I look out, thats right...its rainging. I actually live in what qualifies as a rain forest we get so much rain fall.

I should shop around, it seems like I would be paying a lot for basically nothing.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
hey Ford guy the first thing I would do is find me a new insurance that is outrageous I have had my licenses suspened for to many points been on high risk since I was 16 and have never paid that much even for full coverage.
In the winter I just run naptha in my 90% wmo and it runs good and starts decent I found a starters cheaper then 3 tanks of diesel fuel but I havent went through one yet.

Really, I guess I should really check out some other insurnace's.

What is naptha?