Fuel tank selector

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I'm still dealing with not enough fuel on the filter, sometimes I think it is the oil been too cold but it does the same with diesel, unless I run it for several miles and then it will slowly go away.

Where can I get fuel tank selector valves to replace the one on my truck? I believe some use two 3 port selector valves right? How do you guys connect them?

I have the stock fuel tank selector and stock tanks so I need something that I can adapt to it and keep the same setup. I have a front and rear tank.

Thank you.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
2, 3ports from Greasecar here....
one is in the incoming line, one is in the return line.

how to hook them up? when you look at the valves its kinda obvious.
there is a COM NO NC ports.
common is always open, NO is normally open, NC is normally closed

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Well I run it on diesel for about 45 minutes driving and at idle and the fuel filter light will not come ON anymore no matter if I floor it or not so I'm starting to believe this is a temperature problem. I have a coolant line on the oil tank but maybe it is not enough, I will insulat the tank now and see if that will help. I do have a 26 plate heat exchanger and a 600w inline heat element but if before the filter so maybe the oil cool's too much on the way to the filter.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
Autozone has a mechanical temp gauge for $19.95
buy it with a 1/2'' natural gas pipe T and two 1/2'' thread by 3/8'' barbed (or whatever your fuel line is).
Put that in your fuel line before the filter. At least you'll have an idea on the temp.

I personally doubt it cools that much on the way to the filter. Oil takes for flippin ever to cool off once it's hot.
Is it possible the electric pump isn't putting out as much with heated fuel? I don't know much about them, so I can't say.

I'd still like to know for certain that your temps are high enough