Fuel tank plumbing

international

Drownin' in diesel
Reaction score
Well, I want to start burning WMO. I want to have it in a 109 galllon tank in the bed and want to use both existing tanks for diesel. I eventually want the 33 or 38 gallon tank in the back. I have been kicking around ideas to accomplish this but want to know how some of you guys have set yours up.

What I was thinking was using the electric pump for the WMO and keeping the mechanical for the diesel. I would run a separate return line to the tank so when I switched to WMO a electric valve would switch the diesel from the tanks through the mechanical lift pump, through the stock filter then back to the tanks. At the same time the WMO electric pump would start pumping from the WMO tank, through two filters and into the injection pump. I know this sounds overkill/complicated but I would like to keep both diesel tanks and the mechanical lift pump so if the WMO burnt up the electrical pump on the road I could switch back to "factory" and replace the WMO pump when I got a chance and not on the side of the road.

Also, would I end up having WMO return to the diesel tanks through the injector and pump returns? Could I just install another electric valve to switch to another return line to the WMO tank?

I would like this to be all on one switch, maybe even a switch that you can turn the system off, turn it on, or use a temperature switch to activate the system.

Would it be a good idea to have a coolant heater in line with the oil to heat it up?

Bunookana

Reaction score
I have been toying with the thought of putting a tank/tool box in the bed. With everything I need to transfer and pre-filter the WVO into the tank in the toolbox. From there I was going to put in a transfer tube to transfer WVO to the side/front tank. Then I was going to do heated fuel line from the pump/filter right after the selector valve under the bed. I might do some varaition of that.