fuel pump pressure 7.3 ? after pump

philman692002

philman692002
Reaction score
I have been reading on here and trying to figure out :shoot: what a know pressure is for a 7.3 2001 f250 !
I two have replaced 4 stock fuel pumps there getting tried of warenting them ?
the best i know the pump stock does 80 psi the system dead heads at 60 psi and i m dropping to 40 psi and lower under a load at idle it goes up to 60 psi so i dont understand all u people speaking of 10 psi i am taking presure off the pump right after it tee ing in to it !

can any one help me prove or do u know the facts on all this thanks phil

oh also i need to know does the fass hpfp-150-2006 or fas1502012 supply 80 psi thats what i need ~!

;Sweet

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From http://www.intellidog.com/dieselmann/tech.htm about half way down the page. Hope this helps.

On 98.5 and newer engines: The newest version of the PowerStroke has an electric fuel supply pump. Pressure readings are taken at the fuel rail plugs at the front of the RH head, the rear of the LH head, and at the fuel pump outlet. The fuel pressure should be over 30 PSI, but anything below 50 PSI will cause an injector knock. If the pressure is low at either head, replace the check valve at that head's fuel rail inlet. If it is low at both heads and the pump outlet, check the pressure regulator at the fuel filter return line for debris or a split o-ring. If the regulator is OK, check for a fuel pump inlet restriction as described above.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The stock fuel pump on the SD's likes to run at 65 psi or so. Much higher than that and you will significantly reduce the life on the pump.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online