fuel pick up where to find

jlwoods99

Reaction score
Guys, I did a search and found alot of sending unit info and shower head info but I couldn't find anything on where to get the pick up portion. The part that the hold down ring on my front tank holds down. Mine was rusted at the return tube to the top of the fitting and it broke off when I pulled the hose off. I checked Rock auto and only found sending units but not the pick up part, not sure what you call it.

thanks

jim

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Your best bet is a wrecking yard. Just find the part you want thats not rusted up on any diesel pickup truck. Usually they are already out and sitting in the bed of the trucks around here..

jlwoods99

Reaction score
Thanks Gary, usually things here are so rusty I just thought I'd buy new if available but can't find it in any sites like Rock auto. I'll see if its available at Ford.

jim

PackRat239

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got one at my local Ford dealership, but it was EXPENSIVE! They come complete with the showerhead installed.

jlwoods99

Reaction score
Hey Guys, thought I'd let ya'll know. I just ordered a fuel tank and straps thru amazon and it was $10.64 more but I saved the $40 shipping over Rock auto.
who'd a thunk.

jim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online