Fuel line return leaks 1992 ID Banks TurboI need it running by Friday night (Saturday morning trip)

Richard Clasby

Reaction score
THANK YOU!!!!! SERIOUSLY THANK YOU!! You're patients in walking me through this is really appreciated. So you were correct, I was able to unscrew the bracket holding the "T" fitting (behind and under the turbo) and pull it out and replace the hoses. It was a bear but with the stubbies (I purchased at Harbor Frieght Tools) I was able to get to it. All done! Thank you.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THANK YOU!!!!! SERIOUSLY THANK YOU!! You're patients in walking me through this is really appreciated. So you were correct, I was able to unscrew the bracket holding the "T" fitting (behind and under the turbo) and pull it out and replace the hoses. It was a bear but with the stubbies (I purchased at Harbor Frieght Tools) I was able to get to it. All done! Thank you.

Glad you got it fixed! Did you get it in time for your trip?

sgallaty

Engineer
Reaction score
Glad to hear it.

Wife and I just replaced our whole set of o-rings and return lines on the 7.3 IDI van. We had some significant leaks, which all turned out to be deteriorating fuel line ends. We replaced all the o-rings with viton rings from McMaster/Carr and the return fuel lines with clear hoses so that we could see any leaking or draining, but there was none.

The one thing we do need are better clamps but she's oil tight now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Staff online