Fuel Filter Options

darwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What options do I have for a less expensive alternative to the Wix/Napa built in drain etc. fuel filter?

They are costing me around 30 dollars and I would like to know what cheaper alternatives there are.

Thanks.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
well cheap is not always better, but i get a filter from autozone called luber finer they are good filters. but they cost about 25-30 dollars. but you get what you pay for

turbo_26

Reaction score
i use thoses wixs filters and i used to run baldwin but i think they went to 30 dollars two but i can find out for shore tuesday because the napa store here sales them both right down the road from were i live

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I think the best option is to add a pre filter leaving the stocker as a last defense against dirt and water you can get cheap filter with out the water block feature. I use a napa gold 10 micron rated and cost almost $4 makes the factory filter last forever

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
I mounted an old 6.9 filter head next to my factory 7.3 filter head. The 6.9 filters down to 6 microns, where the 7.3's filter only goes down to 10 microns. I also use a NAPA 3403 filter on the 6.9 head. It's almost twice as long as the stock 6.9 filter.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Sometimes it helps to know where to shop.

Try this guy :

http://www.filterbarn.com/

I have bought from him several times.

I bought from this guy too. One word of caution though is that the Baldwin filters listed as:

BF1222SP (which has the connection for the Water in Fuel Light)

are actually:

BF1222 (No WIF light)

I told him about it and he offered to refund my money if I sent them back. I just kept them to use as back up filters.

He also never fixed his website. He doesnt carry BF1222SP but they are still listed on his site......

Whatever.
Thad

darwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They just seem to be more expensive then other fuel filters on other diesel trucks.

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
I mounted an old 6.9 filter head next to my factory 7.3 filter head. The 6.9 filters down to 6 microns, where the 7.3's filter only goes down to 10 microns. I also use a NAPA 3403 filter on the 6.9 head. It's almost twice as long as the stock 6.9 filter.

You have any pics of your setup & is it easier to change?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online