Fuel filler neck woes need ideas

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to change the subject, but does your 94 have the 'wide mouth' filler neck? I discovered not to long ago that truck stop type fuel handles won't fit in my 86. (Trying to hold back a high flow diesel pump form wanting to go wide open can be quite the task, lol)
I was just trying to figure out when Ford made that change. In both of my past super duty's I could use the larger style pump handles.

As an FYI, the wide nozzle ALMOST fits in my 91 but not quite. I'm interested to hear the replies because it's been driving me nuts.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I WANT TO say my 93 will take one....
Never tried due to ford engineering idiots
Not that it would not back up instantaneously or nuthin.
Next fuel stop if I remember I 'll check

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I WANT TO say my 93 will take one....
Never tried due to ford engineering idiots
Not that it would not back up instantaneously or nuthin.
Next fuel stop if I remember I 'll check

The 9th gen truck will take the big truck nozzles.I always try and avoid them however,as I calculate each fill up and those things fill so fast that they foam badly and you either have to wait forever to let the foam settle to accurately top up the tank or just record inaccurately and let the next fill up correct it.

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
I have filled up using the larger nozzles, worked when I had my regular pickup bed.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
My 92 will use the bigger nozzle. So will my 03 Excursion. What's nice with that one it it's a straight drop into the tank, and I can run the big nozzle full bore....

Jasonmusic220

Reaction score
Both my of my Super Duty's were like that; it was nice to fill them up in about a minute flat, lol. I watched the pump as it was filling and it was pushing one gallon per every 3 seconds.

If I tried that with my 86 i'd have 2.9 gallons of diesel spilling on the concrete every second, lol!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online