fuel additive during storage ?

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the best and readily available fuel additive for storing the truck for at least 3 months? Both tanks are topped off with B20.

I plan on putting the truck on stands in the next few days to get the weight off the tires. The wife can start the engine every week, but she would prefer not to drive it.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when I mothballed my towtrucks, all I did was spike the fuel with a heavy dose of "Biobor JF" biocide, ran the trucks for 30mins, shut them down and disconnected the batteries.
I can't get it in kali anymore, so I guess the **** really works and then some.
here's the linky......
http://www.silmid.com/biobor/biocide.htm

gatorman21218

Reaction score
yeah thats where you get it sorrry i didnt think of that. My dad always ran that in our big diesel boat to keep the fungus out. heres a question for you. can you get 100% diesel fuel? i'm not sure i would trust biodiesel to store... it might eat up your hoses and gaskets?

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
I don't think much is necessary. I just helped a friend start a Toyota lancruser diesel that sat for 5 years and it flashed right up before the second rotation on the crank. But we don't have the sumer heat as Texas

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After driving yesterday and today, I was able to add 15 gallons straight diesel to the front tank so it is at about B5. Based on the directions, it only took 0.5 ounces for each tank.

Update: I got the truck placed on jack stands tonight with the nose up so the water will drain out the bed. Thanks for the suggestions.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online