FS Van 6.9 IDI

Gumpy

Reaction score
I am selling a 6.9 IDI van that I've had for almost a year. I can give more details but here's the summary:

Ford F-350 Econoline 15 passenger diesel van

Shows about 50,000 miles on ODO. Last owner didn't know true mileage. From what I could gather the last two owners didn't use it very much. I think it possibly has 150,000 miles.
I've been using it for mostly highway miles.
Currently the Engine won't start.

In the past it started fine as long as it was warm. When it's been cold I've used WD40. The morning I left town I was spraying WD40 down the intake and it still wasn't starting (about 70*F). I sprayed starter fluid and it started. I had to be more aggressive with getting it to start the rest of the trip. After 8 hours of highway/freeway driving over 2 days it won't start again.
While trying to start it became less balanced; it shakes the van around more while cranking. I was using starter fluid but it wasn't firing at all. It was warm outside and the the glowplug light was not cycling.

My plan in getting the van was to convert it to vegetable oil and used motor oil. I have most of the things needed to do so and have put some of the system in but not all of it. if that is something that interests you I am happy to give you the things I have to put in the system.
I got it with only the front two captain seats but I put in a fold down camper van bench/bed and some minivan bench seats so it has up to 11 seats right now and lots of cargo area.

I am selling it because my project van has turned into too much of a project and it is taking time that I want to spend with my family. I think the van still has lots of potential but it is time for us to part with the van. The body is in great condition for its age, not much rust etc. When I got it it was running but needed some TLC. I have fixed a number of problems, so you shouldn't have to deal with most of those. The previous owner had only driven ~4 miles once a week so there were problems that they didn't know about for doing longer drives.

I'm not sure what this is worth. If you are interested please make an offer of what feels right to you and what it is worth to you.
Contact me with questions.
Post in this thread or PM me and I'll reply.
If someone thinks they know what's wrong I'm open to fixing it before selling.

Attachments

• van photo 2.jpg
    van photo 2.jpg
    527.3 KB · Views: 14
  • van photo 1.jpg
    van photo 1.jpg
    579.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member