front springs factory lift blocks?

NJGearhead666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the ford F-250 come with lift blocks in the front from the factory? cause im getting real tired of the huge rake my truck has. the rear of the truck is 8" higher then the front and I see there are no lift blocks up front on my truck.
the front fender is only 4 inches higher then the top of the tire.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to run against popular opinion (ok, who am I kidding!) but I've always liked a rake in my vehicles as it always seemed to assist with cooling, as well as some aid in control. Maybe I'm just blowing smoke up my own a$$ here, but it's what I've come to notice. But I will admit that having such a drastic rake where the rear is over TWICE that of the front seems silly - unless it's on a rig that tows quite often and will usually settle out to a more equal stance. Show trucks need not apply with me.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me too. My generation put air shocks on our cars to get that rake. Not shy away from it. There is nothing on the stip that isn't already pointing downhill. On your truck, the purpose is so that when you load it, then it sits level. Nothing looks dumber to me than a truck going down the road with it's nose in the air like an L.A. low rider. cookoo

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then I guess we're of the same generation. My first car was a 68 Chevelle, and after that I bought my 73 F100 4x4 with 360. Nothing I've owned has had anything but a forward rake. I even out the old Air Shocks on my 81 Pontiac Grand Prix with the 5.7 diesel and thought I was one Stylin' dude. That was an awesome car, it never failed me and I paid just over a grand for it in the late 80's. I still have a Chevy Caprice with the 5.7diesel I plan to resurrect someday as those engines weren't speed demons, but they'd run 35 mpg all day any day, if you built them right and knew how to properly torque the heads.

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
You can add a stack of springs but NEVER put blocks on the front. As said before against the law in alot of states & just a bad idea.

& I'm with ya Mel, I like em to sit level or have a nice rake in the back. Throw a good load in the bed & they naturally level off.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, when you drop a ton or two of weight in the back it will level off - for those of you that use the trucks...

NJGearhead666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well Ive had tons in the bed of the truck and it hauls great but the rake look is def not for me im 26! my generation makes fun of the air shock rake look lol. I wasent sure if it did have lift blocks in the front or not cause I know i dont have any up front. I was prob going to add another spring to the front end cause with the plow on the truck it makes it even worse.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 tons of scrap needs 100 lbs in the firestone air bags to sit level,;Sweet. I about s&*% myself when I rolled across the scales. The scrap buyer came out and looked at the truck 3 times and said you must trust your axle, what the hell you got in there.
It was full of hyd cylinders and motors,pumps. etc. Heck I just loaded it till I was done. OOPS.

ncovey

Diesel Poor
Reaction score
I just turned 30, and can't stand a truck that goes down the road with a empty trailer, and looks like it has the worlds heaviest imaginary load on it. What is even better is the guys that spend thousands of dollars to lift a truck, and it is draggin' ass.