Front receiver

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could be mistaken, but I don't think a bolt-on front receiver exists for these trucks...I've seen people weld up front receivers, but I can't recall ever having seen a bolt-on setup.

If you fabricate one yourself, just make sure that it's attached to the frame and not to the radiator core support. I've seen a few that were welded up to the core support, and the core support cannot handle the weight...

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I've not seen one either (other than custom) because of the way the leaf springs attach.

sassyrel

Reaction score
remember this tho,,thats a lot of pressure,,to be putting on the steering box.. and frame cracking can result...try to be moving,,before turning the steering wheel. ive fixed a few farmers frames.......................

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont understand this
remember this tho,,thats a lot of pressure,,to be putting on the steering box.. and frame cracking can result...try to be moving,,before turning the steering wheel. ive fixed a few farmers frames.......................

will the reese fit older models such as a 87'? i have a 3130 curt mfg but it doesnt look like it will fit?

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Checked the model/year on the Amazon link and it looks like it won't fit anything prior to a 1993.

jtt220

Reaction score
It sure would be nice to find one like that for the Bricknose crowd!! Any one fabricated a few?

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, saw that. I was kinda responding to rhkcommander. He had asked if it would fit an '87.
yeah the company curtmfg didnt know if they had anything that fit pre-93' when i called. i thought the frames were similar minus the latter having accordians...