Front Jump seat?????

lilredtdi

Reaction score
Ok I have a 94 XLT EC Truck. It has the two captains chairs with armrests. The PO installed a homemade, oak center console between the seats. It works but not my ideal and would like to find and install the jumpseat if possible..

My question is, are all trucks set up from the factory for the center jump seat/console? I mean is there threaded inserts for mounting between the seats? I hate to have to remove the existing oak one just to check as it is bolted down.

Thank y'all in advance.

Here is an example i found of what I would like to install.

If anyone has one on the east coast in red I would be interested in buying it providing it will work without drama.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-96-For...pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok here is the run down on the seats.....my 93 has the captains chairs and a center console. i added the console seat. here is what i leaned. there are console seats that mount to a frame work that the seats mount(normally single cab) to and there are console seats that mount to its own bracket that bolts in with the inner bolts that hold the captains seats to the floor. now you can adapt a console seat from a single cab to the other seat bracket style. the armrests on the captains seats get in the way of the console seat, even with removing them the studs they pivot on get in the way too a little bit. using the console seat bracket with the captains seats floor mounting brackets it makes the captains seats lean towards the outside of the truck..... so my suggestion, find a full front seat set that mounts how your current set mounts... the singe cab seat set mounts like a bench seat does.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have real nice (very expensive) after-market captain's-chairs with arm-rests and a home-made console.

I found a nicely padded folding stadium seat that fits nicely between the seats and devised a means of securing it onto the console for the very rare event that a third passenger may be along.

That third passenger has to be real special or they won't be along; I hate driving with someone in the middle, no matter how small they may be.

460mudsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geniusloerts is correct.
As far a center seat making the seats lean outward - that is how the factory did it. If it does bother you all it takes 1 standard washer on the outside edge of the seat bolts to put it back level.

A bit more info....
The ebay link you posted is a center seat off of a reg cab bench seat mounting plate for the 40/20/40 seats. The ext cab and Broncos used a much larger flat plate that just sits on the floor under the inside edges of the seats. The ext cab trucks and Broncos that have arm rests, came with a plastic center console from the factory. The ones with the center seat have no arm rests. You can physically put the center seat in and bolt it down, but the center seat can't be folded open to use as a seat because it hits the arm rests. The seats also can't be folded down and forward for rear access, again because the arm rests hit the center seat.
You "can" take the arm rests off completely and it will work.....but you will have holes in the sides of the seats and they will still drag a very small bit on the center seat. Also the cable that goes from the arm rest down to the seat to make the arm rest come up when you lean the seat forward is at the least very difficult to get out, if that is even possible without removing the entire seat base cover. In early December, I loaned an extra ext cab center seat to a friend of mine to put it his 96 Bronco (arm rests and console) because he had to have an extra seat for a small child for a family trip. It does work, but is definitely not optimal.

heff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got some parts from a 92 sc with captains chairs with armrests and the flip over seat between not the plastic console like the op is looking for. The seats were the same as in my 93 sc with plastic console between.

lilredtdi

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the replies. I knew that seat being plug and play was wishful thinking.

I also never considered the way the seat moves in the extended cab to access the back seat area.

I will keep my eyes peeled for something else. If anyone else stumbles upon this thread and can shed some additional light it would be appreciated.

I know it is cheesy but I like my girl riding next to me sometimes and taking in the occasional drive in movie. Bench seats have their advantages.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.