Front hub help

dank1945

Hippo Hands man
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I was replacing the front rotors in my 01 Quad Cab 2x4 3500 Dually, when I noticed a grinding in the left front hub. Found one on eBay for $200. local parts stores wanted $350, so I'm happy about that.
My question: how does it come off? Do I need to remove the big nut in the centre, (I measured 41 mm), any ideas where I can get that size socket without paying an arm and a leg?
Thanks in advance for any help provided.
Dan

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
yep and you also have to remove the 4 bolts that come in from the rear side of it also. Have no fear they will be rusted in place like no ones business so soak them down the night before then have a go at it.

dank1945

Hippo Hands man
Reaction score
Front hub removal

I don't have 4 bolts coming in from the rear, just three small bolts that hold the splash shield (or what's left of it) from the front. I had to drill them out, and I'm going with pass through bolts with nylon locking nuts in behind. Each shield was $50. Talk about a rip off. I painted them with rust paint to help them last longer.
The 41 mm centre hub nut came off with no problems thanks to the electric impact wrench.
Thanks for the help,
Dank