FRONT BRAKE ROTOR QUESTIONS

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see three different brake rotors made by Raybestos.

Aimco Gs

PG Plus

Raymold

The price difference between the three is not much.

Does anyone know what the difference between the three is, and which would best suit my needs??

Also, they have complete drum and rotor, with studs and-I think-new races installed for about what rotors and races would cost.

Will these studs be as strong as my originals??

Actually, I kinda hesitate to spend a lot on my front axle; because, as sure as I do, I will then find a good straight-axle/leaf-spring front-end to fit my truck; and, all this expense will be for naught.

Of course, if I don't fix up my front axle, I will never find what I really want.

Thanks.

pafixitman

Reaction score
Check w/ a dealer also. When I did my front rotors, I got the Duracrap special, bearings etc. It did not come w/ the hub or studs. On a whim I priced Ford (OK, Mel was helping me and I did not want to hear his **** about only using factory!) I think in the end, factory rotors (complete with hub studs, bearings etc, I'm a dually) cost about $25 a corner more than not getting the hub and studs from AutoZone. I'm running performance friction pads up front and Motorcraft shoes in the rear.

I also think there is a reason Ford does not sell just a rotor - and no, making money is not the reason.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is 1985.

All the dealerships around here only can get genuine Ford parts for ten years back.

Each year, they return all parts from the eleventh year back to Ford.

I have tried to get various items from Ford with no luck.

Is this a regional problem, or nationwide??

Thanks.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your dealing with a Ford dealer that is just not interested in servicing you. That's all there is to it. Unfortunately, this continues to be one of Fords biggest weaknesses (the whimsical desires of their dealerships). They should take a cue from John Deere and run there parts business like they do. Fortunately for me, my Ford dealer is one of the small town family run outfits that I consider to be the true elite. They do not have the cavornous 20 bay mega dealership taj mahal type dealership, with the rotating turntable with the Shelby Mustang or Ford GT on it. They sell more used cars than new, and just about everybody who works there has been there for 20 years. My parts guys are the same parts guys I have known for over a decade, and the one fellow who is there (now only part time) has been taking care of me for over 25 years. They still have the books the other dealers threw away, that give the part numbers to stuff that is still available, but not in the computer. They also know how to use the computer. If they don't have it, and it's no longer available, they know how to locate a dealership that still has one in their inventory, and they have it shipped in for me. The dealership your dealing with just doesn't want to deal with you. :(

sassyrel

Reaction score
as mel said--have been in the same boat--luckily--i have three dealers in the area who know how to get obsolesence stuff-no joke--ive known these clowns for about twenty years each--and their as much a gearhead as i am-- :D :D

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the differences in the rotors listed in my original post??

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
FWIW
I put a set of PG's on my 85, 3 years ago. No problems since.
The previous discs were cracked. I haven't a clue what brand they were.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online