Found out what the knock was??

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Well i finally got donor motor on the stand and opened the oil pan...
wow what a mess.....

So think i can fix it?? or is it a v6 now? 5 and 6 are toast....

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 51
  • Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 51

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that shortblock is ready for the fork. its done.
the pistons and rods are obviously history, the crank will need to be checked for cracks and more importantly straightness, the block is going to need extensive magwork for cracks.
6.9 or 7.3?

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
It's a 6.9, it looks like a bolt fell out and then the rods beat the mess out of crank and oil pan?

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 31
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 18

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Now thats just a mess. Why or what caused this? At least you have some spares. Why are the heads bare and installed on the block? I really like the motor stand. Who makes it and how much. It looks like it could handle my Jag V-12 motor. I have some spare non turbo rods if you want or need them for the cost of shipping. Otherwise they be free....:D

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
it came out of a 4x4 that was stolen? and i guess they took it to dave's? well thats about all i know ( or all i can belive) The heads are off my truck i never got any thing done with them, ( one was cracked and i found this motor for the heads) Only way to lift the engine???
the stand is a SPX? i can't find info anywhere for it, a friend of mine said they had 6 of them in his shop that they did not use and loaned it to me? i'll take more pics of it but i don't think it is built right? i might take you upon the rods, i'll let you know....

Last edited:

SKimballC

Reaction score
it came out of a 4x4 that was stolen? and i guess they took it to dave's? well thats about all i know ( or all i can belive) The heads are off my truck i never got any thing done with them, ( one was cracked and i found this motor for the heads) Only way to lift the engine???
the stand is a SPX? i can't find info anywhere for it, a friend of mine said they had 6 of them in his shop that they did not use and loaned it to me? i'll take more pics of it but i don't think it is built right? i might take you upon the rods, i'll let you know....

Dude, your usage of question marks is truly absurd.cookoo It all seems so unconfident when punctuated like that...:rotflmao

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the stand is a SPX? i can't find info anywhere for it, a friend of mine said they had 6 of them in his shop that they did not use and loaned it to me?
google up SPX/OTC and you'll find it there. As far as I am concerned, its wearing the OTC blue, so to me its a OTC product. P/N 1735. Pray your buddy forgets you "borrowed" it. Its godawful expensive. OTC has always been pricey but the quality is worth it.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
google up SPX/OTC and you'll find it there. As far as I am concerned, its wearing the OTC blue, so to me its a OTC product. P/N 1735. Pray your buddy forgets you "borrowed" it. Its godawful expensive. OTC has always been pricey but the quality is worth it.

SPX/OTC yes that is what it is. I tried to google it when he brought it to me, (cause the rear bolts don't line up like the drawing shows,. so i had to get different bolts for it.) and then i never put one on a stand before so i was not sure how to do it...but it seems to hold up ok. i keep thinking about it, they have 5 or 6 still in the box and i don't think they will ever put them together. cookoo ;Sweet

thanks for the use of the engine stand USMC!

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
h2odrx,
thats not too bad....
good thing it wasn't a fuel shutoff selenoid and broken fuel pickups..... you'd have no option but to sell the truck and buy a dodge.