FOSTER trailers

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Anyone ever hear of a Foster trailer? They were from Waynesboro PA. From what i can find out, they are no longer in business. They were also into fire/rescue equipment.

I am looking at one of their trailer online but Want to make sure of the quality

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Well yesterday I took the 580 mile ride to Massachusetts and back and brought it home
You must be registered for see images attach

It is a pretty neat trailer. The rear Gate/ramp is Hydraulically operated(because it is so big 6'x102").Hydraulic front jack too. I have to move the front jack though, in order to for my tool box w/ winch. All the hydraulics are in the drivers side tool box.

Today i had to go under the trailer and fix a bunch of electric connections for the brakes. Had NO BRAKES yesterday towing it home. And a bunch of failed butt connectors. So I went thru the whole trailer and replaced EVERYONE with the heat shrink variety. I guess tomorrows project is to move the jack and mount the tool box w/ winch.

I think next on the list is to shorten the gate or make it fold flat. It is a parachute

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Got the jack moved yesterday and the tool box and winch moved today. Got all new LEDs coming and new handles for the 2 side tool boxes. Hopefull get to try it out tomorrow dragging on a utility bodied PSD:eek:

I got ALOT of slop in how the pintle ring bolts to the trailer. The cast ring seams like I could use larger bolts, but the trailer "channel" doesnt leave any room to go to a larger bolt. Any ideas. it has this style
3 Trailer Lunette Ring with 6 Hole Bracket Wallace Forge Trailer Coupler 18128XL

Last edited:

RANOVRU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was gonna ask if it was a pintle as you cant completely tell in the above pics. Im not a fan of those but to each his own.

Looks like a nice solid trailer. I never heard of the brand either. On the parachute Id personally leave it alone. If you flatten it folding forward I wouldnt think youd still be able to use the hydro for it. And I definately wouldnt shorten it. But thats just me.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Pintle all the way!!. Besides a 2 5/16 ball is only rated for 10,000lb. My trailer is a 14,000 so it has a 20,000lb pintle.

Cant make the gate fold over on the deck. The piston is at the end of it travel with the gate staright up.

just put a set of Alcoa wheels on tonight and got rid of the bent rusty wagon wheels;Sweet

Last edited:

DragOne

Reaction score
love the rims. Still thinking on the tail and the weight on the ass end when pulling it empty.

zebrabeefj40

Reaction score
Pintle all the way!!. Besides a 2 5/16 ball is only rated for 10,000lb. My trailer is a 14,000 so it has a 20,000lb pintle.

You might check your facts on the 2 5/16 ball ratings. They can be had to at least 30K otherwise the gooseneck guys would be screwed. Ball mounts are available to 16K... :)

Nice trailer though...

Nick