Ford with a John Deere Diesel

RustyBolts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know, but I've done it a bit too often on here.
Anyhow, the truck isn't coming along very well. We have the frame and running gear, but that's it. Still need . . . everything.
Had a lead on a 6466T out of a 9900 SideHill Combine 5 miles from home, but it was sold out from underneath us:mad: so we took one step forward and 2 steps back there. With me in college, dad working full time, plus 2 horses, 1 mule, 3 sheep and 2 Jersey steers to feed, that doesn't leave much time or money for us or our toys.

bigoilburner19

Reaction score
well hey man it will all work out just be very calm about it some day you will get eveyrthin u need and the truck would be worth the wait trust me.. i got a cummins but i should have waited it seemed nothin but probs with that dodge i still love it and i still truck on even though im goin to college here soon and no job its hard to find any money to fix it but it will be a bad ass truck that u will be proud to drive and own and dont ever get rid of it you will regret it trust me it will haunt you for a long time.but is it a ford body and a ford frame ? what year ford truck if it is?

RustyBolts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's what's left of a 1991 Ford F-350 Ambulance. When it was retired, the band-aid-box was taken off, and a 12' stakeside put on it to haul trash. The doors, fenders, and engine are migrating over to dad's truck. That leaves us with a skeleton of a cab that's useless, because the back of it consists of a piece of plywood with a topper cap window in it, and a roof cut off of a junked F-150. We're looking for an '80-'97 4X4 or F-SUPERDUTY (solid axle) donor with a good cab. We're going with a 10' Flatbed (chopping 2' off the rear to eliminate all the excess overhang), so a bed won't be needed. When I go home this weekend, I'll make a video of the '91, and post it either on here, or YouTube with a link on here, so that y'all'll know what i'm dealing with.

bigoilburner19

Reaction score
ok dude i really wanna see that but what about making that truck a dually with 4x4and a crew cab something that is gonna be rough and take a lickin and keep on tickin a 84 ford dually 4x4 crew cab long bed the longest truck for would eveer make just my .02.

RustyBolts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dually for sure. I think a Regular cab, with a 10' flatbed would be almost as long as a Crew Dually. If not, it'll be darn close. The plan is to make EVERYTHING damn near bulletproof. That's why we're going with a medium duty tranny.

bigoilburner19

Reaction score
ehh if u want bulletproof heavy duty tranny heavy duty rear ends out of a semi like a rockwell axle and what no 4x4 i mean that truck will be heavy and id think if u had 4x4 it would be just about bulletproof

bigoilburner19

Reaction score
yeah lol well john deere makes a 3 cylinder diesel right? well did anyone ever think to put that in a f150 for a chevy 1/2ton both would be 4x4 but would that be cool or what?

bigoilburner19

Reaction score
oh crap i love that perkins man that motor is a bad lil motor wow i never knew it was a perkins well yeah lets go with that and u could always bore it out and make more power lol

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Sounds like a cool swap. Hate to revive an old thread but can't keep my mouth shut. IIRC, there was an article floatin around about a 3 cylinder perkins into a foxbody mustang which was pretty cool. I like the idea of a JD engine in a custom built Ford.....Keep it up man.

EDIT: have you thought of a dual standard transmission setup? Just a thought....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online