Ford NP205 t-case info.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Sorry for posting this in the IDI forum - we need a driveline forum too...LOL...I finally got a NP205 divorced case yesterday, not mint but it will work until I can find a better one - traded it for a BW1356 I had. It's missing a yoke and has a previous repair to the case. I found that when I steamed it off yesterday...I've found loads of upgrade info for this t-case but I'm looking for a teardown/assembly manual online?...Anyone got one or knowe where to find one. I've found a parts pic showing it in pieces but I'd like to have a detailed instrucion book.;Sweet

I found 2 NP part numbers for yokes, 12359-10 and 12359-30 for 1310 and 1330 u-joints. What does my F250 use for u-joints? 1330's or 1350's? I can buy aftermarket yokes for 1350 and 1410 u-joints.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Good thread, thanks. I just want to check it out inside before I install it. I have a driveline shop locally that I have connections at, already been there through "the back door" to discuss my driveshaft work.;Sweet

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This one is part time 4x4 as far as I know. 4L, N, 2H and 4H....I'm still looking to find a 2nd one.
I know that I can get ya a second one....:rotflmao

What do you want a second one for anyway? If you want a doubler, you'll need the reduction gearbox from a NP203...best of all those can be had in divorce mount so you could take and mate that to a married 205 and have a divorced 203/205 combo....woot!:D

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your yokes SHOULD be 1350 on that truck, I know the 4x4's are after 88 or so.
Hopefully with the divorced case you won't have clearance issues with the front DS and the trans, but, a married 205 and an E4OD is a total no-go.

Last edited:

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I took the 205 apart today, all is well inside as far as I can see. The teeth look good as do the bearings and sliding clutches. I need to find some seals and gaskets. I saw a soft parts kit on ebay but I'll see what I can find around here first. I took the yokes off, one is a 1310 (trans input side) and the other is a 1330 (rear driveshaft) so I can get atleast the missing one replaced. I never thought to see what the D60 yoke was:dunno cookoo ...Probably a 1330???? Better grab that yoke too for my trip to the driveline shop tommorow...;Sweet The solder job on the case looks ok from the inside - looks like they knocked a piece clean out of it on a rock or something and then silver soldered it back in.:rolleyes:

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, IIRC, the front uses 1330 u-joints.
I'd want to step it up to 1350 on the input and rear output, considering my experience with my truck eating 1330's with reckless abandon, Ford upsized them on the 460 and diesel trucks in 88 for a reason....

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I just scored a Married 205 from a co-worker at the wrecker I work at for a nice deal which sets me up for my 203/205 setup in time.

I got the reduction box from a married 203 already so I will just need to get the doubler kit and a triple shifter! Damn 4 shifters at least....maybe a fifth...ugh...if I can get a deal on a Ranger torque splitter that can split gears and sits in front of my T19.....whats a guy to do with so many levers.....

PS ifn you need me to hunt a yoke down for ya seein as one was missin let me know BRT ok!

Last edited:

7.3shrk

Just a suggestion, but why not change all of the yokes to the same size - ease of interchange on U-joints and yokes? All of the input and output shafts on your 205 should be 32 spline.

7.3shrk

Oh, also the 1410 yoke has more angularity than a 1350 to run a slightly steeper angle, if you start running into a bind.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I found some 1350 yokes at www.DriveProducts.com here in town, a Spicer knock-off for $75 each but I will have to order them in.... I'll use the 1330 yoke to the front axle. What does the D60 front axle have for a yoke? Is it a 1330 or that wierd F-type u-joint? I'll have to look at that.

I tried to order a gasket kit for the 205 around here yesterday, I had a good part number for a VR or Felpro kit - no luck so I bought this one on ebay for 1/2 the cost the local's wanted. I did get my yoke seals locally. The case is all cleaned up and ready for assembly as soon as I have the kit.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250142010833&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=015