for those with a holley electric pump

Al_E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you guys have any fuel presure monitoring instrumentation aboard? Now that colder weather is coming, I'm thinking of adding something at the IP. I'm a little perplexed at this issue, as my basic holley red with the factory fuel filter in-line after the pump seems to work just fine. :dunno My biggest problem is hard starts on cold mornings - it fires up, then dies, and it's not air. I think it just runs out of fuel inside the IP. Takes a good bit of cranking to get it going again. That's why I want to monitor the fuel presure.
Do you havepower to the pump while cranking? I have had good luck with my Holley red so far and have been running 40% waste hydraulic oil. I am also useing 1/2" plastic air brake line for my fuel line.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i have a fuel pressure gage under the hood but not in the truck yet. i never had a problem running a 50/50 mix or so it hit when i stepped up to 100%. sometimes the pump would work for a little then they would crap out. i think it was just to much for them.

thanks for the tip on aluminum, guess i thought it was allot more. i will get this system set up right yet.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
thanks for the tip on aluminum, guess i thought it was allot more. i will get this system set up right yet.

Here's the tubing they've got cheaper stuff too., use 8AN Aeroquip tube sleeves over the flares on the ends and tube nuts
and you'd most likely have to go with an -8 an to 1/4 npt and adapt it down to 1/8 npt unless you can find a -8 an to 1/8 npt adapter, I couldn't.

Makes for a nice tight and servicable fuel line setup. If you need to cheap out, you can just go with the aluminum fuel line and make a bubble flare on the end and attach it to other parts by using a hose barb fitting and a small chunk of rubber hose to connect them ( easy to make a bubble flare with a double flare tool, it's jut an incomplete double flare )

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about using that but was worried about it rubbing through or getting a hole from a rock or something. How long have you been using it?

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
you could use feild service able hose those hoses are tough and yet flexable
tractorman uses them for the fuel line that he sells