for the cummins swap guys nice CL find

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Wonder what it was out of? know it aint out of a Goat, so the accesories will not work

Last edited:

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
lol its got a york air pump strapped to the side of it.. by the intake and radiator hose i can tell you its not out of a pickup... probably some farm equipment.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
It's a commerical unit, probably out of heavy equipment or something like that...Not likely to be from a road rig, I haven't seen any 5-tons with VE pumps or a starter in that location in my experience....We have an N/A 6BT running a vacuum truck (just the blower) - the starter is in the exact same location.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, people think any Cummins B is gold. Most of the off-road engines have injection pumps that aren't suited to road use, though this engine appears to have a VE with an AFC housing so that may or may not be a good sign. For use in a pick-up, it had better be REALLY cheap otherwise you will end up spending a ton of money to get it bolted up. Usually easier to just buy a whole running truck for a donor so you get all of the adapters and accessories.
Travis..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online