For Sale: 1 ton axels.

Fordman84

Fordman84
Reaction score
I have some axels i would like to get rid of. For all i know they came out of an old 68-74 F-350? it is a solid front end with the closed knuckels. no ball joints or anything like that. it also has drums on both axels so it must be old. everything is there except the leaf springs. I bought them to convert my ifs front end in my 84 to a straight axel, but my buget is killing me so i have to get rid of them. I think the rear end is a Sterling 10.25"? i have no idea what the gear ratio is but both axels came out of the same truck so i guess they match.. I would like to get $400 for both axels if possible. I live in Wisconsin Rapids Wi. PM me or call or text 715-213-5730.can send pics on my phone thats it. If you live in wisconsin we can meet half-way for a little extra.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's going to be a low pinion 44 front, and probably a low spline count 60 rear. At best they're worth whatever the going rate is on scrap metal.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
Ford man I would take pics and post on your local craigslist and also get on fsb.com (full size bronco). I used to have a bronco and that is a really common swap. There may be someone on here that can use them but in all honesty the axles we have stock are an upgrade (slight in some cases but at least even).

That would be my best advice for getting them moved to free up cash flow. Im working on thining down my parts assortment to free up some coin for a few projects I have brewing (some sooner than later)

punk

EricW

my $h!t is stuff
Reaction score
They're 3/4 ton axles, '72 and prior IIRC Ford didn't do a factory 4x4 one ton till the mid '70s...

That's going to be a low pinion 44 front, and probably a low spline count 60 rear. At best they're worth whatever the going rate is on scrap metal.

Yup, low pinion, closed knuckle D44; it's good for someone that's wanting to restore an old Ford 3/4 ton or take to the scrap yard (sorry, ain't worth much to the average 4x4 guy).

The rear is a 10spline D60, granted not as strong as the Sterling or the newer D60s but will hold moderate amounts of power without failure, only real issue is the spring pad width...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online